Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING! It tourned out the config.plist files attached to the OP before today were slightly wrong. Anyone who has downloaded them before February, 10th 2015, please replace the file with the new one attached. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience: my really bad mistake.

I just got this setup, hence why I still haven't listed it on my profile.

I have an H77ITX-B-E
Intel i5 3470S
16GB RAM
HD 4000
Intel 240GB SSD

Attached you can find my patched DSDT, and config.plist

Here's what my terminal showed me when running the HDA patch.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks
Try the correct config.plist file now attached to the OP. That said, try the hda patch procedure again. Furthermore, please be aware that you actually can't have hd4000, because your cpu has Intel® HD Graphics 2500 which is not supported by OS X (perhaps the Inject Intel patch in Clover helps)
Could you post System DSDT.dsl (non patched dsdt)?

Try this dsdt. I would suggest a fresh install.
I hope the dsdt patch still applies to your mobo, as I have Z77, not H77. Not sure about dsdt editing.

Attachments

• DSDT JimmyCypherz.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 205
Will try it as soon as I get back home. Traveling till next week.

Thanks

I have a similar config but I'm experiencing lot of troubles.

i5 3570k @4100
Z77 ITX A-E
GTX 680 2Gb

I have a spare disk with a 10.9.2 system working on wich I worked to set up the installer.

I've disconnected the GTX 680 and set up the BIOS as suggested but after 3/4 minutes of loading bar the system hangs up at a grey screen with the beach ball spinning.

No matter how I've re-downloaded the installer, changed usb stick or done everything from the beginning.
I've tried also with the GTX 680 plugged, with or without nvidia drivers, all the same results...

Hi~

I have a Zotac H77 ITX-A-E board. Once it's setup to boot in win8 uefi mode, the system won't start and halt in black screen. So I have no choice but to clear CMOS.

Do you have any idea about this?

Updated to 10.10.3 with Combo Update 10.10.3. No issues at all (Trim, onboard audio, HDMI audio, ethernet...everything still working!) :thumbup:

Clover in Z77N-WIFI

First: Giacomo, THANKS for THESE tutorials!!!! They really helped me to start to get an idea of what the clover install implies.

I managed to set up 10.10.3 on Z77N mobo with the following:
1. BIOS:
- initial giacomo's tutorial on the Prodigy-cased Z77N-build
2. Pre-Install:
- tony's Guide w/ your files => the LAN-kext didnt work, I had to rename it from ...8111.kext ...81xx.kext
3. Post-Install
- giacomo's guide
- build DSDT with source http://maciasl.sourceforge.net/pjalm/repos/gigabyte/
- Audio: I had to use Audio ID 1, not 3

So far, the result is REALLY smooth

The only problem I have:

I set up the Yosimite test system on a seperate HD. When everything was working, cloned it to the SSD. Then I mounted the SSD's EFI-Partition, reformated it, installed Clover on it and eventually put the correct config-file, kexts and DSDT+SSDT.

So far, so good.

When I booted from the SSD using the Boot-Choser (F12) the screen stayed black. I thought: well, clover-installation went wrong, so I restarted.

And then something VERY awkward happened: I had HUGE difficulties to enter the BIOS. No chance to get into Boot Options via F12, no way to get into BIOS without permanently hitting Delete. If I did try "normally" nothing happened, the screens were on but simply stayed black. I finally managed (by permamently holding delete) and booted into Clover on my original test install, this one went well.

However, an another restart the same happened. It was almost impossible to enter the BIOS, instead the screens were on but simply stayed black.

Could this have something to do with NO MBR-based hard drive in the hacky any more? I only have EFI-based volumes now.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

As for the entire guide: I patched together screenshots and commands through Evernote and put it into a pdf. As it exceeds the forums max. file size I left it in my dropbox. @giacomo: tell me if you don't approve (copyright, etc.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/366fzy7cnxyyy6o/Clover Gigabyte Z77N.pdf?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back