Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Getting weird animations with new GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-K
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I just upgraded my graphics card to a Gigabyte Rx 580 and can't seem to get it to work at 100%. Whenever start or restart the computer I get weird lines on the display which last for a fraction of seconds. What bothers me the most is that I get weird animations and colours on certain apps, sometimes the windows of an app opened get partially replaced by white/black screens! I installed the lilu and whatevergreen kexts using multibeast yet I still can't manage to find a solution to these problems.

Also, If I boot clover from the drive on which I have installed macos I get a never ending black screen right after the apple logo. If I use the installation USB to boot the OS, I manange to successfully reach the user screen but encounter random messages on clover boot screen(image uploaded down below).

Please it would be a huge help if you guys could tell me how to solve this...

Attachments

• IMG-20190807-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190807-WA0007.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 26
Whenever start or restart the computer I get weird lines on the display which last for a fraction of seconds.

@ReckerRex,

If you are referring to the pink/purple lines during MacOS boot then thats completely normal, everyone with a AMD dGPU is seeing that. It's caused by a bug in Apples driver, when it loads it first test's the dGPU VRAM but over runs into the FrameBuffer display memory causing the pink/purple lines.

The next release of Lilu + WhatEverGreen will address this issue by disabling the VRAM test.

As for your other issues ... check that MacOS is using a 30Bit FrameBuffer Colour Depth (Sys Info -> Graphics/Displays)

Cheers
Jay

@ReckerRex,

If you are referring to the pink/purple lines during MacOS boot then thats completely normal, everyone with a AMD dGPU is seeing that. It's caused by a bug in Apples driver, when it loads it first test's the dGPU VRAM but over runs into the FrameBuffer display memory causing the pink/purple lines.

The next release of Lilu + WhatEverGreen will address this issue by disabling the VRAM test.

As for your other issues ... check that MacOS is using a 30Bit FrameBuffer Colour Depth (Sys Info -> Graphics/Displays)

Cheers
Jay
@ReckerRex,

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Yes, indeed I am talking about the purple lines. It's a relief to know that this problem has a solution and that I didn't mess up buying a Gigabyte card instead of a Sapphire. I will wait for the new releases of lilu and whatevergreen. What about the issues regarding the white/black screens in certain apps? Is it related to the aforementioned bug too?

Thanks..

All problems are solved now! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back