Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sooo many problems with my Hackintosh

Ok hey guys, new to the forum.

Been following the build guides here exactly, and and built myself a rig. FINALLY got through installing after loads of trouble with freezes etc. Installed everything recommended with multibeast and then restarted. Guess what? Cant get in again. Been trying all the flags i can find. If no flag, i get to a stop sign. If -v i get to the "still waiting for root device". With the others "PCIRootUID=0" and "npci=0x2000" etc i just get stuck in the loading screen.

When I was in Yosemite after installing, everything was really slow. The mouse, the response, it was like a 10 year old computer full of ****. Also the only available resolution was 720 or 768 dont remember, whilst i need 1680x1050

Please, give me a reason why I chose to go Hackintosh instead of buying a iMac or Mac Mini, cause right now i cant see why i was so stupid. Please help me! I followed everything exactly as the guides said. My setup was promised to work, but still it does not!!

Thanks

Ok hey guys, new to the forum.

Been following the build guides here exactly, and and built myself a rig. FINALLY got through installing after loads of trouble with freezes etc. Installed everything recommended with multibeast and then restarted. Guess what? Cant get in again. Been trying all the flags i can find. If no flag, i get to a stop sign. If -v i get to the "still waiting for root device". With the others "PCIRootUID=0" and "npci=0x2000" etc i just get stuck in the loading screen.

When I was in Yosemite after installing, everything was really slow. The mouse, the response, it was like a 10 year old computer full of ****. Also the only available resolution was 720 or 768 dont remember, whilst i need 1680x1050

Please, give me a reason why I chose to go Hackintosh instead of buying a iMac or Mac Mini, cause right now i cant see why i was so stupid. Please help me! I followed everything exactly as the guides said. My setup was promised to work, but still it does not!!

Thanks

What version is your BIOS ?
According to Gigabyte you need the new(er) version F4 for the i5-4690K.

Good Luck

Really!? That would explain some maybe. I have BIOS Version F2. Although would I have gotten this far if my BIOS and CPU where not compatible? And how to update BIOS?

What version is your BIOS ?
According to Gigabyte you need the new(er) version F4 for the i5-4690K.

Good Luck

Really!? That would explain some maybe. I have BIOS Version F2. Although would I have gotten this far if my BIOS and CPU where not compatible? And how to update BIOS?

Well, I have updated the BIOS now and it did not get any better. Still can't get into Yosemite again. Tried everything, every flag etc.

Ok made a clean reinstall of Yosemite and things got way better. Only problem now what I can tell is that i need the flags -v -x everytime I am starting the computer, which sucks. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far!

try using the boot flags maxmem=8192 or maxmem=4096

Thanks

I feel for yah and completely understand your frustration. My first Mac was a Hackintosh and it has always been a hassle to maintain. My second was a real MacBook. Requires no effort to keep running perfectly. The only reasons I'm still running a Hack desktop is because I want to wait for a second generation iMac Retina and my old hack still performs pretty well when it doesn't randomly crash. Trying to figure out how to get it stable in Yosemite for one more year. Then I think I'm done with the hacks. If you like to tinker a Hackintosh is great.

Unfortunately the items in the buyer's guide are not really guaranteed to work. More like "should" work with effort. I know i would greatly prefer a very short list of things that work perfectly than the long list of it almost works or works with lots of headaches. YMMV

Without -x where does it get stuck? Use -v and report back. You may need to use npci=0x2000 and try nv_disable=1 and report back.

Without -x where does it get stuck? Use -v and report back. You may need to use npci=0x2000 and try nv_disable=1 and report back.

Thing is I dont want to use flags, i want to press start on the computer and go away and when i come back it is at the login screen.

It gets stuck without the -x at loads of "BUG in process suhelperd158: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 externa, 0 legacy-external)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back