Contribute
Register

Getting this Kernel Panic for unknown reasons to me on macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • If it can ,
    • then mount the EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer (Using Clover Configurator)and copy its CLOVER folder
    • and then Mount EFI Partition of Sierra System Disk (Using Clover Configurator) and then the paste the Copied CLOVER folder to replace the CLOVER folder there.
    • See if that will help with fixing the boot problem of the System disk

Yeah I can boot now, but like nothing has changed. You see? When I open about this Mac, it says I've got intel hd 7000 not 530

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 21.26.09.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 21.26.09.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
Yeah I can boot now, but like nothing has changed. You see? When I open about this Mac, it says I've got intel hd 7000 not 530

Yeah I can boot now, but like nothing has changed.
Previously you could not boot and reach the desktop with your Sierra System Disk as the system stopped in the middle of booting.
Now, are you able to boot your Sierra system disk without the need for the Sierra Installer USB?

what did you mean by?
like nothing has changed
When I open about this Mac, it says I've got intel hd 7000 not 530
We can tackle the above Video card problem as a separate step.
  • For now please clarify whether you are able to boot your System disk without any boot problem, all on its own, or do you still need the USB Installer Disk as constant companion?

For now please clarify whether you are able to boot your System disk without any boot problem, all on its own, or do you still need the USB Installer Disk as constant companion?

Yes, I am able to boot from sierra's hdd with no problem. The usb installer disk wasn't connected .

Yes, I am able to boot from sierra's hdd with no problem. The usb installer disk wasn't connected .

Great!!! Major problem solved.:)

To fix the Video card issue:
  • Using Clover Configurator-V, downloaded from the Net if needed , mount the "EFI partition" of your "Sierra System disk" on the Desktop
  • From "EFI" Partition on the Desktop, navigate >EFI>CLOVER>config.plist.
  • Copy config.plist and paste it on your Desktop.
  • Upload the pasted copy of config.plist to the Forum.
  • I will check that and suggest, next steps

Great!!! Major problem solved.:)

To fix the Video card issue:
  • Using Clover Configurator-V, downloaded from the Net if needed , mount the "EFI partition" of your "Sierra System disk" on the Desktop
  • From "EFI" Partition on the Desktop, navigate >EFI>CLOVER>config.plist.
  • Copy config.plist and paste it on your Desktop.
  • Upload the pasted copy of config.plist to the Forum.
  • I will check that and suggest, next steps

Okay here you go

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 114
Okay here you go
I am uploading the edited copy of config.plist from your Sierra System HD that is booting OK without the need for the Installer Flash drive but has a Video card which has shown different from actual Intel HD.

• You can download this edited copy and save it for now on a Folder called "EditedConfigP" on deskltop.
  • Right click the config.plist inside that "EditedConfigP" folder>open with >Clover Configurator -V
  • Check the "Boot" , "Devices", "Graphics", and "Gui" menus of CC-V window to notice the edited items.
  • Similarly check the config.plist that you had pasted on the desktop which you had previously uploaded.
  • Now you can see the changes in these menus.
  • Now you can copy the one I sent to replace what is inside the EFI>EFI>CLOVER of your Sierra System disk.
  • Re-boot and see if the Video card has changed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 211
Unfortunately I'm getting this again. After it's done, my screen turns off but hdd is still working
Sorry.
Using your USB Installer disk to boot, get back to Sierra System Desktop and copy and paste the config.plist that you had on your desktop to get the Previous Video.

There are others like RehabMan in this Forum who can help you with your Video Issue. So, this is not a big problem any more since you got a system that can boot.

In the mean time let me reassess my own config.plist editing steps for any errors I might have made to cause this issue.

There are others like RehabMan in this Forum who can help you with your Video Issue. So, this is not a big problem any more since you got a system that can boot.

In the mean time let me reassess my own config.plist editing steps for any errors I might have made to cause this issue.

How do I contact him? lol
Also I set before DVMT to 1024mb but same thing happen, so it's not what Brebo says
I1UlVvK.png

How do I contact him? lol
Also I set before DVMT to 1024mb but same thing happen, so it's not what Brebo saysView attachment 254474
  • In this image , can you choose your IGD instead of "Auto" from the drop down box> see edited image. [ I don't have your Board to know how the BIOS setup options are]
  • I think my editing of config.plist is not totally correct and that might need a patch also. I will be working on it .
  • If you bump your post in 24 hrs, a Moderator will decide to step in to help. So be Patient:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 4.32.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 4.32.41 PM.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back