Contribute
Register

Getting this Kernel Panic for unknown reasons to me on macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
But like with the version 9.1.0 I was getting kernel messages, and with this version is okay, but Okay whatever you say.
Oh and I had to plug in my windows hdd again ( to install avast and new updates bc of the ransomeware thasts going around) and that part where I can choose which OS do I want works! But a theme is basic, not like the one you gave me

I could not fully understand what you were trying to convey. But if your system is working OK and you can dual boot both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra from Clover boot menu, please mark the Title of your post as [SOLVED]

That thing where I can choose which os do I want works, but Sierra dosent work. I am trying to boot from usb to give you that thing, but its sooo slow

update: config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
I could not fully understand what you were trying to convey. But if your system is working OK and you can dual boot both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra from Clover boot menu, please mark the Title of your post as [SOLVED]

Like the problem is not solved. I still can't boot from Sierra's hdd.

Like the problem is not solved. I still can't boot from Sierra's hdd.
OK. I understood now.

• I have edited the confg.plist and uploading it back.
  • You can copy and paste it to replace the one there.

• Until your Sierra System is fully working ( that is , it can boot without the need for the USB Installer disk), it is better to disconnect the Windows Disk from the Motherboard.
  • Once you can boot Sierra System disk a few times without the need for the USB installer and no booting problem, then you can shut down the computer and make your Sierra System SATA HDD as the SATA -1 disk and Window 10 as SATA -2 disk on the Motherboard and
  • Reboot and go to the BIOS Setup.

• Take a good look at the BIOS Menu starting from Year-Month-Date and time to make sure they are set correctly to the current to your Time zone.
  • Make sure "Peripherals" menu shows that your Integrated Intel Video card is the one selected and the Video Memory is properly chosen (as previously posted in the Forum by BreBo),
  • SATA controllers are configured correctly to boot in AHCI mode,
  • In BIOS Boot Menu, make sure your newly changed "Sierra System disk" is booting as "UEFI from SATA-1"
  • These settings are saved in the BIOS (EX:F10 key >Yes) and
  • Reboot and using hotkey for Boot menu select your Sierra UEFI disk to enter CLOVER Boot menu.
  • Try booting Sierra a couple of times to make sure it boots OK
  • Try booting Windows 10 to confirm it too can boot OK

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 203
  • I have edited the confg.plist and uploading it back.
  • You can copy and paste it to replace the one there
I did and when I try to boot without usb, this shows up
20170513_180601.jpg 20170513_180606.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I can't read text from second image. Cannot interpret the fuzzy, superimposed texts with no clarity like from a shaky Camera:(

No it wasn't my camera, the text was moving so fast. But that problem used to happen to me when I would install '' drivers '' from Multibeast version 9.1.0

No it wasn't my camera, the text was moving so fast. But that problem used to happen to me when I would install '' drivers '' from Multibeast version 9.1.0

I am trying to help you but I need reliable data to make a reasonable diagnosis of the problem to suggest the next best troubleshoot. The only way we can do that in a Forum like this is to exchange clear text messages and Screen images. Unfortunately I could not read the text from screen image. I understand it can be from a fast moving text on screen that was too fast for the Camera's shutter speed causing a blurry shot.

If you can answer the following questions I may be able to piece together data and come up with some suggestions.
  • What drivers were installed most recently on the Sierra System Hard Disk ?
  • From Multibeast , most recently , did you use the menu," Customize>Graphic Configuration> [√] Intel HD 530"?
  • Was the config.plist you uploaded and I edited and uploaded back, from this Sierra System Disk or from your Sierra USB Installer disk?
  • If the config.plist is from this System Hard Disk's EFI>EFI>CLOVER, did you upload that config.plist after you ran the Multibeast on that System disk or did you Run the Multibeast on the System disk after you pasted the edited config.plist I gave back?

• What drivers were installed most recently on the Sierra System Hard Disk ?
  • From Multibeast , most recently , did you use the menu," Customize>Graphic Configuration> [√] Intel HD 530"?
  • Was the config.plist you uploaded and I edited and uploaded back, from this Sierra System Disk or from your Sierra USB Installer disk?
  • If the config.plist is from this System Hard Disk's EFI>EFI>CLOVER, did you upload that config.plist after you ran the Multibeast on that System disk or did you Run the Multibeast on the System disk after you pasted the edited config.plist I gave back?

1. See the screenshot down below. After I installed it, and restart my pc, Apple logo showed up with the progress bar, and at the middle of loading, my screen would turn off
2. I did
3. It was from Sierra system disk
4. After I installed Sierra again, I ran Multibeast and then I gave you my config.plist
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 19.58.00.png

1. See the screenshot down below. After I installed it, and restart my pc, Apple logo showed up with the progress bar, and at the middle of loading, my screen would turn off
2. I did
3. It was from Sierra system disk
4. After I installed Sierra again, I ran Multibeast and then I gave you my config.plistView attachment 254446

Thank you for the very informative post and screen shot.
My working hypothesis for the boot problem was that it was related to Video .
so , you have used Multibeast 9.1.0 as well as 9.0.1 at different times and installed all the options shown in your uploaded Screen shot of current Multibeast 9.0.1 build and on reboot found the same problem with boot failure both the the times? In other words Multibeast 9.01 or 9.1.0 did not help with a successful Sierra System boot. Right?

You have also rebooted the Disk after pasting the config.plist I had edited on to the CLOVER folder most recently and that too had not helped.

During all this time , the BIOS options included Selection of the Integrated Intel HD video and choice of the correct DVMT Pre-Allocated setting.

If all the above are correct, and you have a Digital Connection to the Monitor, I cannot explain the cause of your boot problem.

• As a last suggestion, I would ask you to boot using the Sierra USB Installer and then switch to Sierra System disk from Clover and see the System Disk can log on to Sierra System desktop.

• If it can ,
    • then mount the EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer (Using Clover Configurator)and copy its CLOVER folder
    • and then Mount EFI Partition of Sierra System Disk (Using Clover Configurator) and then the paste the Copied CLOVER folder to replace the CLOVER folder there.
    • See if that will help with fixing the boot problem of the System disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back