Contribute
Register

Getting this Kernel Panic for unknown reasons to me on macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made some editing and included the "themes" folder also which you had removed from EFI>CLOVER in your upload.

• Unzip the uploaded file and just copy and replace the existing EFI folder from your Sierra USB Installer.; DON't MERGE, just REPLACE.
  • Boot with this "Sierra USB installer" and once you are on the "CLOVER Boot Manager screen", switch to your "Sierra System Disk", but make sure, you use the same "Boot Flags from this USB Installer" , don't change.
  • Once you are on the desktop, "copy" the "EFI FOLDER from this USB installer" (after EFI Mounting of USB Installer's EFI Partition on the Desktop using CC-V) and "paste" it on the "Sierra System Disk's EFI folder" ( again after EFI mounting of System disk's EFI partition) to replace (DON't MERGE) its nonworking EFI >CLOVER.
Hope this helps. If any further problem occurs,please post with uploaded images of the screen.

Thank you, but this shows up, not even the logo will show

Attachments

• 20170512_155752aa.jpg
    20170512_155752aa.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 113
  • aa20170512_155733.jpg
    aa20170512_155733.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 102
Ummm I tried your guidance, but unfortunately..again same
DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger.

DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger.
Okay how do I make it 64mb or larger? Where is that on my bios? Do you want screenshoots?

Update: found it, i set 128mb or something like that and when booting from hdd from clover, something was loading, some text, and now all I can see is a black screen and blue light on my monitor starts blinking ( that usually happens when I put my pc to sleep or when I shut down my pc without turning off my monitor but in this case, my pc is on. I can hear my hdd's working and my vents)

Last edited:
Thank you, but this shows up, not even the logo will show

The Apple logo won't show up only text will be displayed on boot screens because of Verbose booting.

Are the above 2 screen images from your Sierra System Hard disk booting from Clover Boot Screen after the edited EFI replacement or are these from your Sierra USB Installer booting with the edited EFI?

As I was reading the thread, I have noted you were previously asked to make BIOS Setup changes in the "Peripherals" menu regarding your IGFX (Integrated Graphics) both in selecting it as your Video card and selecting Dynamic video memory technology Pre-allocated memory size and Internal Graphics Memory size.

But after that your next post indicated you were able to install the Sierra System on the hard drive. I had assumed you had already made those BIOS Setup changes to be able to use the Sierra USB installer to install the system but did not know what to choose from Multibeast for the installed system.

I had posted the usual Boot Mode selections, kext selections , System Definition and Graphics Injections for systems.

But, for some reason, after that Multibeast run, you could not boot the hard disk because of Kernel Panic.

The only way you could then boot was to use your USB installer and then switch to the System disk from Clover Boot Menu using boot flags from a working USB installer.

I thought looking at USB installer's CLOVER folder , I could get an idea of Kexts in "Other" Folder and check the "config.plist" to see if it can be edited for your Graphics card Intel HD 530.

I added its ig-platform-id to 0x19120000 . I should have also edited the "Device Properties" to make it complete. I suspect that may be the reason why you are not able to boot to the Sierra System HDD desktop as you seem to be referring to your last post with a dark screen but the computer HDD is still spinning.

I have subsequently edited the Device Properties also. If you would like to give this newly edited EFI folder to be copied and pasted to the System Disk's EFI partition after booting through your USB installer, I can upload that file for you.

Are the above 2 screen images from your Sierra System Hard disk booting from Clover Boot Screen after the edited EFI replacement or are these from your Sierra USB Installer booting with the edited EFI?

Umm it was like after the edited EFI on my Sierra's hdd.

I can upload that file for you.

Can you do it please? And can I do it from Windows because I am not able to boot into Sierra's hdd

update: i can't even boot Sierra installation from usb anymore

Last edited:

Can you do it please? And can I do it from Windows because I am not able to boot into Sierra's hdd

Unfortunately, you cannot read and write on Sierra System disk from Windows 7-10 without software like Paragon HFS + for Windows version 11 installed in Windows 10 because OS X or macOS has MacOS Extended (Journaled ) formatted System disks and Windows has NTFS filesystem. Accessing the EFI partition and getting to config.plist should be more difficult or even impossible (I have never attempted it) from Windows :(.

• Can't you use your Sierra USB installer to boot to Clover and then to Sierra System disk?

• Otherwise try to boot the System disk in "safe mode" with the following boot flags from CLOVER Boot Manager Screen> Options>Boot Args: -v dart=0 -x -f

Once you can reach the desktop you can mount Sierra System Disk's EFI partition and access EFI folder like you did before

• The last option, is to reformat and reinstall that non-booting disk using Sierra USB installer. You can replace its EFI folder with this uploaded EFI.

See the images of edited fields in config.plist in CC-V
Note: in image 1 CCV Graphics , if needed you may check [√]. Load V BIOS check box . I have not checked that in the edited EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 105
  • 1.CCV_Graphics>ig-platform-id.png
    1.CCV_Graphics>ig-platform-id.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.CCV_Device Properties.png
    2.CCV_Device Properties.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 128

You can try by changing its config.plist with the one you uploaded. If you don't have that in that hackintosh or Mac , you can download the EFI you had previously uploaded to the Forum , unzip>and paste it back on the USB installer through EFI mounting.

If you don't have that in that hackintosh or Mac , you can download the EFI you had previously uploaded to the Forum , unzip>and paste it back on the USB installer through EFI mounting.

That worked! Now I'm in.

Once you can reach the desktop you can mount Sierra System Disk's EFI partition and access EFI folder like you did before

• The last option, is to reformat and reinstall that non-booting disk using Sierra USB installer. You can replace its EFI folder with this uploaded EFI.

I'm bit confused here. I need to replace EFI folder on the usb or on the disk?

That worked! Now I'm in.

I'm bit confused here. I need to replace EFI folder on the usb or on the disk?
Ultimately it is in the System HDD that you need the change. If your Sierra USB Flash disk does not boot because its own EFI folder is corrupt , then you may change that too.

Your "USB" is a "macOS Sierra Installer disk" that has the "Sierra System Files" + "Essential Kext files" (but not all the needed ones) + Appropriate System Definitions+ CLOVER EFI Bootloader + Working config.plist

Your "disk" has the MasOSSierra System files installed after it was partitioned and formatted by the Utilities>Disk Utility of "Sierra USB Installer Flash disk" but lacks Clover EFI Bootloader in UEFI (or Legacy ) booting Mode+ kexts for all the hardware in it that you want to use+ System Definition+ Graphics Injection etc. For this you run Multibeast after the first boot following installation with the help of the "Sierra USB Installer FD" still preset in the USB port which has the Bootloader and config.plist required for the successful booting.

In your case the Intel HD 530 has made additional demands on Clover EFI Bootloader in addition to BIOS setup >Peripherals . CLOVER config.plist needs editing to facilitate that. You can make this in the Sierra USB Installer Flash disk and then copy its CLOVER on to the HDD or edit the EFI>EFI >CLOVER>config.plist of the Sierr System HDD as a separate step. I hope I have cleared your confusion.

Last edited:
Ultimately it is in the System HDD that you need the change. If your Sierra USB Flash disk does not boot because its own EFI folder is corrupt , then you may change that too.

I copied your EFI folder to my Sierra's hdd, restart it and nothing changed :crazy:

update: by the way, When I'm booting from the usb, nothing is changed in seirra, but I've got new option in bios when booting from hdd called '' UEFI OS '', and when I boot from it, same story happens, some stuff is going on, no apple logo, and then it won't turn on, but i can hear both of my hdd's working.. Honestly I'm so confused right now
20170513_005802.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back