Contribute
Register

Getting the great Lion to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AppleRTC suggested fix doesn't seem to work with SandyBridge hackintosh from what I can gather. Hopefully a new solution will appear soon.

uniQ said:
The AppleRTC suggested fix doesn't seem to work with SandyBridge hackintosh from what I can gather. Hopefully a new solution will appear soon.

I have Sandy Bridge hackintosh and this AppleRTC fix (a.k.a. CMOS reset fix) works ;)

I applied the fix from the OP. Sleep works now!

My specs are in my sig.

Thank you so much for this, i need my sleep because i never turn off my computer.

Sorry, I had to edit quite a few post within this threat regarding the AppleRTC patch.
It didn´t work for me in the first place simply because I was too stupid to patch it correctly in terminal.
That´s the problem with people trying to do things which they have no experience in. And that´s where it becomes dangerous and ridiculous, too...
As I didn´t know how it should have been displayed in terminal after having applied those commands I just believed it was completed, but it wasn´t.
Who ever has no success with patching the AppleRTC kext have a look at the attached file which shows the progress.
The first attempt to execute the code requires the password entry, thereafter you have to paste the code in again and enter...

How embarrassing. :oops:

Attachments

• AppleRTC patch window.tiff
    140.2 KB · Views: 673
I notice that all of you are on Gigabyte boards.. Anyone got sleep working on ASUS boards? I have a p8p67 pro.

ideas_man69 said:
ModBot: Topic removed as unnecessary and confusing.
Will leave topic for now. If you come up with something you can re-edit first post if you want or do come up with anything.
Let the sleep ideas flow and see what is found :D

I will move to General Tuning though.

Topic moved from 10.7 Guides to General Tuning.

Those with Z68 this worked for which definitions are you using?

I haven't got it to work. Screen shuts down fans keep spinning and only way to resolve is with a hard turn off.

smbios.plist: iMac 2011 12,2
Using 10.7 sleep enabler kext

how do I undo this? It is not working for me.

Patch doesn't work on my Gigabyte Z68 MA UD2H either.

Same problem - will sleep but on wake-up there is no video signal.

uniQ said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back