CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UPDATE 3: It'z werking! Holy cow! What did it in the end was to use Pike's AGDPfix (in .app form), I also had to make a separate config.plist file to disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) (because apparently Recovery Mode doesn't work on Hackintoshes.) But first I was unable to open AGDPfix.app (even after manually adding the "allow from anywhere" option for apps in security prefs), thanks to Steve Richey for the answer:
After extensive trial-and-error, and a lot of fruitless Googling, I found the solution required modifying the executable status of the "inner" application file. This line: chmod +x SomeApp.app/Contents/MacOS/*

I then had to disable SIP by going to Clover Configurator > Rt Variables and input BooterConfig 0x28 and CSRActiveConfig to 0x67 (for off, on is 0x0 but I just revert to my usual config.plist. Please let me know if I need to manually set it back again, the laziness is real after several days of trying to get this working, especially now that it kind of IS working. Hooray! Zzzzzzz)

I realise I fixed this before anyone responded but it was still thanks to the community that I was able to figure this out at all, so thank you. I've tried to leave solutions in case anyone has a similar problem with MacOS Sierra, a GT 710, a Skylake CPU and an ASUS Z-170 motherboard.

Jah bless!

UPDATE 2:
Turns out I needed the "ASUS APIC" option enabled in the Clover Configurator for my system to boot, still only booting with nv_disable=1.

UPDATE 1:
Ok, I've got it to boot! But only if I boot from my installer flash drive with the args nv_disable=1 dart=0 (not sure if dart=0 is helping but that's the default) and by disabling web drivers. I'm tempted to copy my config.plist from the flash drive to my root drive, see if I can still boot and go from there, any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?

Hey guys,

I've had little success getting Hackintosh to work on my computer over the past few months (eventually I got El Cap working but with no graphics acceleration.) This was mostly unavoidable due to hardware incompatibility. I had put the project on the back-burner while waiting for Pascal drivers to come out, as my IGPU is not supported either (HD 530). Recently, I read about someone adding an additional supported GPU to get around this problem and tried it myself (bought a GT 710.) I seem to have made progress installing Sierra, but now it appears there is something going on with AppleACPICPU and/or my audio drivers.

After getting through the install and restarting, I keep getting stuck at:
USB Sound assertion in /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio/AppleUSBAudio-305.62/AppleUSBAudioControlInterface.cpp at line 357
busy timeout [0], (240s), kext wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired
Hackintosh stuck 28-10.jpg

I am running these boot arguments:
-v -x dart=0 nv_disable=1
with no graphics injection, USBInjection and USBTakeOwnership are on (the last one ultimately fixed my El Cap install and I'm using Injection because I have more than 14 USB ports.)

When I try nvda_drv=1 (with or without NVIDIA injection) I get:

NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
prevent idle sleep list: IODisplayWrangler+ (1)

I then tried enabling "patch APIC" in clover CPU tuning menu and got stuck at:
AirPort: Link Up on awdl0
awdl0: promiscuous mode disable succeeded
awdl0: promiscuous mode enable succeeded
Hackintosh stuck 28-10 2.jpg

Possible complications/other factors and solutions:
(I'm not sure what exactly is relevant here so forgive me if this isn't that)

Obviously the two GPUs. I have the GTX 1080 plugged into PCI-E x16 slot 1 and the GT 710 plugged into PCI-E x8 slot 1.

My version of Sierra isn't the latest. I downloaded the installer 1 to 1.5 weeks ago and I know there has been an update since then. I'd much rather not update if possible because I'm from South Africa and the internet here is slow (and I'm sharing the line with my flatmate). I will endeavor to download the latest installer as soon as I can though.

I also have a TP-Link Archer T9E wifi card plugged into a 4x slot and a USB 3.0 add-on card plugged into another 4x slot (possibly an 8x slot, will have to double check.)

I normally use a Scarlett 2i2 USB sound card (which uses native Apple (HDA?) drivers on my 2012 MBA), I unplugged it and tried booting with and without my Realtek HD Audio enabled when I started getting that USBAudio error (I've currently disabled the Realtek audio.) No change.

I've got VT-d disabled, as well as Virtualization Technology in BIOS, I am also using dart=0

My CStates defaulted to all off except C6 State, so I have left those as they are.

Compatibility Support Module needs to be disabled in order for my GT 710 to work properly (with CSM enabled my screen remains black after booting, I can't see BIOS or Clover)

XHCI Handoff is on.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd REALLY appreciate them. This community is awesome. Apart from one ****** post I made right near the beginning (when I really had no idea what I was doing, even compared to my current ineptitude,) I've been able to get this far just by googling the problems and guides of other users. That's quite amazing!

Regards,
Ghosty

Last edited:
Thanks for that Ghosty!!

I was stuck with the same problem on a a 660ti on a Gygabyte Z170 Ultra Gaming.
I reinstalled a few times and it always cqme back a couple of days later, leaving me in a certain state.

I patched through clover configurator on another Mac.
It seems to be related to SIP..

Tarc

What's you guys' system definition?

14,1 Imac (I think it's the default)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back