Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I ran iBoot and swapped CDs over to SL pushed F5 and it goes into the screen with the apple and spinning wheel and just stays there. You can hear it writing to the hard drive and reading from the cd. After about 3 min you hear the hard drive shut off and about a min later you can hear it speed back up. I tried typing in the -x command upon boot and it causes the system to crash. I also tried iBoot legacy. As soon as I hit enter to begin the install the CPU fan revs up and the system just hangs there until I turn it off and back on. I am running an asus P8P67 delux mobo with an  SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB graphics card. I am using an old western digital sata 130 gig Hard drive.

Confirm you set BIOS to AHCI, HPET, 64, S3, boot order.

Have you tried rBoot, it might work better.

Have you tried any other boot flags?

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO (you can also try YES, but I think NO is correct for you card) sometimes ncpi=0x2000 helps or some combination.

I have set the bios and boot order. I also disabled the additional sata controllers. I didn't try rBoot. I did try the -x and PCIRootUID=1 but none of the others I will try them tonight.

Update...
I have sata mode set on AHCI
And HPT is enabled under PCH configuration. There are only 2 bootable devices with the optical drive being first.

When Trying to install using rBoot so far it had just loaded up into the screen with the apple but no spinning wheel.

With rBoot no matter what tag I put in I end up with the apple screen and no spinning wheel. I seem to get farther with iBoot but it gets stuck after the Mac address. IBoot legacy completely locks up the system and the CPU fan speeds all the way up.

If iBoot seems to work better, try sticking with it for the moment. When you boot using the -v flag, so you get any text on the screen? If so, can you post a screenshot, it might offer a hint.

You have an Asus board, make sure you are using the lowest numbered SATA 3 GB/s connectors on the board, you cannot install using the 6 GB ones.....if you are using the lowest numbered 3 GB ones, try swapping the HDD and DVD drive, that might help.

I am now getting through the Mac address and right after it says sata warning: enable drive phy pm failed.

How do I edit the kext to allow me to proceed? I still have not gotten SL to install yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back