Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i5-10500
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi, trying to give Big Sur a go on a new system and encountering Opencore for the first time.

I've looked at both Aufera's great thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-0-7-3-4k-big-sur-11-6-video-editing.310153/ and the dortania opencore guide.

Tried using OC Gen-X in case I was doing something horribly wrong when trying it from scratch. I also tired pasting in Aufera's EFI instead, just in case - thinking it was similar enough that I'd at least get part way into the process before things go wrong.

In all cases I get halted at the first hurdle with an error:

"OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed.
Halting on critical error"

Thoughts on solutions or pointers to any particular reading/parts of the EFI files/config.plist that I should be looking at would be very welcome!

I'm running Gigabyte Z490M gaming x, onboard graphics, i5 10500 processor, 48GB of ram, 500GB sandisk M2.

Redoing with the following guide
just now I get the same error again. I've now attached my EFI folder. Thanks.
set SecureBootModel to Disabled

Thanks for the really quick reply, but that's not making any difference.

Here's what I've got alread, secure boot wasn't enabled. And neither Secure boot mode (Standard or Custom) makes a difference.

EDIT - removed unnecessary BIOS shot where I misinterpreted the instruction above!

Last edited:
Thanks for the really quick reply, but that's not making any difference.

Here's what I've got alread, secure boot wasn't enabled. And neither Secure boot mode (Standard or Custom) makes a difference.
View attachment 531201
i meant in your config.plist.....

So, with the above corrected in my EFI (attached earlier) I get the boot menu which allows me to select the USB installer, I then get a bunch of verbose output and then eventually it goes black and thinks about things for ages without ever bringnig up the Big Sur installer.

Out of curiousity, when i try the above with Aufera's EFI (and the config.plist change) I do get an apple logo and progress bar as it tries to load the Big Sur Installer, but the progress bar gets to about 20% and then stops moving.

So, with the above corrected in my EFI (attached earlier) I get the boot menu which allows me to select the USB installer, I then get a bunch of verbose output and then eventually it goes black and thinks about things for ages without ever bringnig up the Big Sur installer.

Out of curiousity, when i try the above with Aufera's EFI (and the config.plist change) I do get an apple logo and progress bar as it tries to load the Big Sur Installer, but the progress bar gets to about 20% and then stops moving.
boot verbose in the other efi to see where it hangs, then post a pic here

Penultimate.jpg
Thanks, here are the last 2 screens before it goes (and stays) black.

Last Screen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back