Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920 - OpenCore
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD620, 3840x2160
I am trying to get sleep/wake working on a Dell XPS 12 9250 running 12.2.5. I have power management working. What can I start to get it working?

I have the following DSDT patches applied:

change _OSI to XOSI
Rename HDAS to HDEF
change GFX0 to IGPU

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • otherreportingfiles.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 112
I am trying to get sleep/wake working on a Dell XPS 12 9250 running 12.2.5. I have power management working. What can I start to get it working?

I have the following DSDT patches applied:

change _OSI to XOSI
Rename HDAS to HDEF
change GFX0 to IGPU

I just tried [Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightInjector.kext, though I am able to see more brightness options for my screen, I still see the same problem. Basically, the screen is black and the device does not appear to be on (the keyboard dock does not light up either which it does whenever the device is on).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • problemreportingfiles.zip
    57 KB · Views: 103

I have followed to guide to make DSDT.aml with the following patches:

"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"

Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell if it is actually being loaded, as sleep/wake are still exhibiting the same issues.

Attachments

• reportingfiles.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 110
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
I have followed to guide to make DSDT.aml with the following patches:

"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"

Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell if it is actually being loaded, as sleep/wake are still exhibiting the same issues.

What "same issues"?
You have not provided any details.

What "same issues"?
You have not provided any details.

It doesn't come back on after sleep. The screen is black and the power button is flashing. Every time I remove the keyboard dock the light stays on for a couple seconds and goes off.

It doesn't come back on after sleep. The screen is black and the power button is flashing. Every time I remove the keyboard dock the light stays on for a couple seconds and goes off.

You will need to describe in detail what exactly you're doing and what the results are.
No idea what you mean by "the keyboard dock"...
No idea what you mean by "the light"...

You will need to describe in detail what exactly you're doing and what the results are.
No idea what you mean by "the keyboard dock"...
No idea what you mean by "the light"...

I put the device in sleep mode by going to the Apple logo and clicking on sleep. I wait about 2 minutes and try to wake it from sleep by pressing any button on the keyboard. This does not work.

Since this device is a Windows 2in1 it has a keyboard dock that I believe is connected via I2C. It works fine when macOS is running. I can even remove it and attach it when I'm in macOS actively (not in sleep mode).

I also try waking the device by pressing the power button on the tablet itself. When I press the button, an LED on the tablet flashes rapidly. The screen stays black.

I've noticed that if I attach or detach the keyboard dock while it's in sleep mode the LED on the tablet will stay brightly lit for about 2 seconds.

I'm not sure how to get sleep/wake working properly, basically so I can hit a key on the keyboard (when it's docked) or the power button when it's in sleep so that it wakes up and resumes macOS.

I put the device in sleep mode by going to the Apple logo and clicking on sleep. I wait about 2 minutes and try to wake it from sleep by pressing any button on the keyboard. This does not work.

Since this device is a Windows 2in1 it has a keyboard dock that I believe is connected via I2C. It works fine when macOS is running. I can even remove it and attach it when I'm in macOS actively (not in sleep mode).

I also try waking the device by pressing the power button on the tablet itself. When I press the button, an LED on the tablet flashes rapidly. The screen stays black.

I've noticed that if I attach or detach the keyboard dock while it's in sleep mode the LED on the tablet will stay brightly lit for about 2 seconds.

I'm not sure how to get sleep/wake working properly, basically so I can hit a key on the keyboard (when it's docked) or the power button when it's in sleep so that it wakes up and resumes macOS.

Not al laptops can wake up from the keyboard. You should use the power button for wake.
You did not mention if the computer entered sleep successfully (power LED blinking)...
You will need to provide complete details.

Not al laptops can wake up from the keyboard. You should use the power button for wake.
You did not mention if the computer entered sleep successfully (power LED blinking)...
You will need to provide complete details.

When I put the computer in sleep, the power LED is not blinking. Only when I try to wake it from sleep by pushing the power button, then the LED begins to flash, but at a very fast interval and never wakes from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back