Contribute
Register

Getting sleep/wake to work on Dell XPS 12 9250 on 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I do have two thunderbolt 3 ports. Do those count or are they configured differently?

It depends on whether those ports are connected to the IGPU via "alternate mode".

It depends on whether those ports are connected to the IGPU via "alternate mode".

How can I determine if they are connectives via alternate mode?

Test the ports in Windows.

I'll test this, but first I want to mention that I noticed something interesting. I have a Magic Trackpad 2 connected via lightening cable. When I press the trackpad in sleep my hackintosh wakes within several seconds (which seems about the same as an official Mac device). Does this potentially indicate the problem lies elsewhere?

I'll test this, but first I want to mention that I noticed something interesting. I have a Magic Trackpad 2 connected via lightening cable. When I press the trackpad in sleep my hackintosh wakes within several seconds (which seems about the same as an official Mac device). Does this potentially indicate the problem lies elsewhere?

Monitor connection via TB has little/nothing in common with a non-display device.

Monitor connection via TB has little/nothing in common with a non-display device.

I know, sorry, maybe I didn't explain it very well. Since my device is able to wake from sleep quickly via a wired Magic Trackpad, wouldn't this mean the problem may be regulated to just the power button? I wouldn't think monitor connection would matter at this point. Please note, the trackpad is connected to the thunderbolt 3 ports, presumably running as USB3.0 though.

I, also, noticed this behavior when I remove the keyboard dock. My device wakes from sleep within 2 seconds.

Still, it takes closer to 10 seconds to wake from power button still. What I'm wondering is if the issue is regulated to the power button more specifically than display via Thunderbolt 3.

I know, sorry, maybe I didn't explain it very well. Since my device is able to wake from sleep quickly via a wired Magic Trackpad, wouldn't this mean the problem may be regulated to just the power button? I wouldn't think monitor connection would matter at this point. Please note, the trackpad is connected to the thunderbolt 3 ports, presumably running as USB3.0 though.

I, also, noticed this behavior when I remove the keyboard dock. My device wakes from sleep within 2 seconds.

Still, it takes closer to 10 seconds to wake from power button still. What I'm wondering is if the issue is regulated to the power button more specifically than display via Thunderbolt 3.

The way you replied to my note about how to test alternate mode use for USB-C->video implied you were correlating this with the trackpad device (which, as you mention likely uses USB3).

It now seems you're on to another topic (slow wake via power button?)
I don't see where you attached any recent PR files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back