Contribute
Register

Getting my Hackintosh bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!

I'm glad to report that I finally got to try to get my Hackintosh going, and with success! I only have some post-installation trouble now, which I hope you guys could help out with. I've been searching around for an answer, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

My system specs:

Asus P9X79
I7 3930K 6-core
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 16 GB (2x 8GB)
OCZ Agility 120GB SSD Hard Drive
TP-Link 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band (TL-WDN4800) (Works great natively in both Windows 7 and Mountain Lion!
Logitech K750 Solar Powered Wireless Keyboard USB (Works great with both Win7 and Os X, recommended!)
ASUS GTS 450 1GB PhysX CUDA
Silver Power 650W Power Supply

After some trial and error, I finally got to the installation screen. I needed to type this in the boot screen:
-v -x npci=x2000 PCIRootUID=0 busratio=32 cpus=1

Do I understand correctly, that I need to add this string permantently to some file? Also, won't that keep me from using all cores of the CPU, or just under the boot sequence?

2. I'm also having trouble understanding what I really need to check in Multibeast. I'm not sure if I need the "DSDT or DSDT-free" install or the EasyBeast install. I know enough to check which audio, network and such codecs I need. What about bootloaders? I'm using the newest MultiBeast.

I need to get this build to boot by itself, what should I do?

I will write a thourough build guide when I get everything up and running, so all help is welcomed!

Regards,
Magnus

This is my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file, opened in notepad:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

There´s some options in MultiBeast for installing the new FakeSMC stuff, namely "FakeSMC", and a folder beneath that called "FakeSMC Plugins" with the options Motherboard plugins and HWMonitor Application. Will some of them do the trick maybe?

I also notice that I have no sound device detected. Should I try to install another driver from MultiBeast? I though my board had the ALC898 driver, not the ALC892 that I installed.

As you may understand, I want as clean an install as possible, so I don´t want to install stuff I may not need.

Thanks,
Magnus

Forgot to mention, I read THIS thread about my motherboard, and might this be the solution? Which program is the best to use to install that kext in that case?

Magnus

Didn´t work I´m afraid. Did you see my last post? Posted one more right before yours, about the other kext.

Anyway, it now stops at the AppleLogo, and when I boot in verbose mode to check, it either restarts or freezes.

Magnus

EDIT: You also suggested I edit the boot.plist with "npci=0x3000". I use "npci=x2000" to get it to boot, shouldn´t I use that instead of 3000?

Score!

I edited the boot.plist so that it had "npci=1x2000", then installed some additional stuff from MultBeast, namely eVoReboot and the FakeSMC contained there. That apparently did the trick!

Now, my only problem is that there´s no sound device detected. What may the cause be?

Thanks for all help so far! I´ll make sure to mention you in the write-up. ;)

Magnus

Hmm, that didn´t work.

I searched around, and found THIS post. Does that seem like a solution?

Magnus

Hmm, I´ll try to find a solution on the forum then. I´ll check back with a progress rapport!

Magnus

And there´s my audio working too! I just re-installed the ALC892 (without DSDT) and repaired Disc permissions in disc utility. And now I´ve got a fully working X79 system. Haven´t tested USB3 yet, as I have no devices which uses that.

Now I´m gonna take the night off, then get my system to dual boot with Win7 tomorrow. Report is coming when done!

Thanks for all your amazing help, Christ1111! :clap:

Regards,
Magnus

Turns out I didn´t actually check if there was audio. The devices show up, but I´m unable to hear anything. Furthermore, when trying to play media, from iTunes or MySpace, the media never really starts, and no sound of course. Anyone have some info to enlighten me on this subject?

Magnus

Can anyone think of a solution to this problem? There's no audio, and as mentioned, programs like iTunes won't even play media files.

Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back