Graphics
6770m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just got a new MacBook Pro that came with Lion pre-installed, and was wondering if I can just use the files on the Recovery Partition of the hard drive to create a Lion installer for my EP45-UD3R? I looked around the partition, but when I show the contents of the "Install Mac OS X" app I can't find the "InstallESD.dmg" file where it is usually, plus the "Install Mac OS X" app is only 1.38 GB. Also, I can't download Lion from the Mac App Store because I never purchased it (it came with the Mac) it shows that Lion is "Installed" but when I try to Option+Click it, nothing happens. I do have a Snow Leopard Retail disk (if I have to do some magic and combine the two). Thank's

Welcome to the Forum.

You will have to purchase Lion for your EP45-UD3R.

The Lion Recovery partition does not contain the Lion Installer. If you wanted to reinstall Lion on your MacBook Pro you would need to be connected to the internet so the Recovery App could download Lion.

My opinion - Best way for you to install Lion would be to Install Snow Leopard, upgrade to 10.6.7, purchase Lion from the App Store, then use the xMove method to install Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back