Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO
CPU
i5-4670K OC 4.5 GHz
Graphics
GTX 780, HD 530
Working Mojave Hackintosh. And I've got a Win 10 installed on another ssd.

Normally I have to go into BIOS and make the windows SSD a priority to boot into it, but i was wondering if its possible via clover.

The windows ssd doesn't even show up on clover boot screen.

How do i properly add it to clover and boot into it?

Working Mojave Hackintosh. And I've got a Win 10 installed on another ssd.

Normally I have to go into BIOS and make the windows SSD a priority to boot into it, but i was wondering if its possible via clover.

The windows ssd doesn't even show up on clover boot screen.

How do i properly add it to clover and boot into it?

Yes, you can boot Windows from Clover. If installed in UEFI mode then there should be an entry called "Microsoft EFI Boot" or similar. If legacy it'll just be called "Windows". You might want to post your config.plist.

Here you go. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 106
So was Windows installed as UEFI or legacy?

I just checked, windows 10 is actually Legacy contrary to what i thought.

Please let me know how to make this work with windows 10 in legacy mode as well as UEFI mode.

If the UEFI mode is way easier, i will just re-install windows 10.

Should work fine in legacy. Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator. Under the Boot section click on the drop down labeled Legacy and select LegacyBiosDefault. If your Windows SSD is not the first legacy boot device in the BIOS then enter the number in the LegacyBiosDefaultEntry box below the drop down menu. Under the GUI section check Legacy in the Custom Scan settings and either First or Last in the drop down menu below to position it in the Clover menu.

Alternatively you can reinstall Windows in UEFI if you're willing and Clover will pick up the Microsoft EFI Boot without any additional configuration. If you go this route it's usually recommended (but not required) to temporarily disconnect or disable the macOS drive while installing Windows so the Windows Boot Manager is on its own EFI partition. Since your system is UEFI capable this is actually a better option but make sure you boot the Windows install media from the UEFI entry on the F12 menu. My post here will be helpful when doing this as well.

I tried the changes you mentioned along with changes in bios under CSM for UEFI and Legacy booting.

For whatever reason, the changes you mentioned for the legacy booting messed up the system. After start-up, the post screen doesn't show up, and neither does the clover boot screen. The system goes straight into Mac login screen. I had to reset the CMOS on the motherboard to reset the bios.

I tried the changes you mentioned along with changes in bios under CSM for UEFI and Legacy booting.

After start-up, the post screen doesn't show up, and neither does the clover boot screen. The system goes straight into Mac login screen.

Not sure what changes you made to the BIOS since I didn't recommend any. After resetting it are you able to get to the Clover menu? Check the timeout and Default Volume in your config file or post the one you're currently using.

I usually set CSM to disabled, and Secure Boot to "Other OS".

So the change I made was changing CSM to enabled, and "UEFI and Legacy" under Boot Device Control.

Just leave the BIOS configured as it was when the system was working correctly. If Windows was booting with CSM disabled then it's installed UEFI not legacy. Look at any Windows icons on the Clover boot menu and see if there is one called "Microsoft EFI Boot" and select that. If not then post screenshots of all the Clover boot menu icons with their descriptions visible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back