Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 780 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone else out there plays games such as WoW and Diablo 3 on their haxxintoshes and if-so how do You go about getting the best FPS possible?

Compared to running on Windows - OS X gives me terrible FPS in World of Warcraft... on Windows I can run it quite happily on "Ultra" with 8x AA at 1920x1080 at a constant 60+ FPS (have a 120hz monitor so VSYNC is 120FPS) - but on OSX it often struggles to make more than 30-40FPS in some places which is just annoying, as I would love to be able to totally ditch windows.

Have a i5 2500k OC'd to 3.8ghz and a GTX 660Ti 2Gb.

bump

seeing same thing with cs:go

getting 300 (max fps setting i have) with aa on in w7, while getting 120fps in 10.8.4 w/o aa

I am wondering the same thing. I got a GTX Titan and while it works okay I dont think OSX is utilizing the full performance of the card.

I know OSX isn't using all the oomph my GTX660ti has - my FPS between windows and OSX is anywhere between 30 and 100fps different at times lol.

Without Direct X and all of its optimizations,
Mac OS X will never play games like windows (especially high-end games).

For some games, it is painfully obvious and a deal breaker.

Also, The biggest reason why I put/keep Win 7 on another hard drive for my system.

Without Direct X and all of its optimizations,
Mac OS X will never play games like windows (especially high-end games).

For some games, it is painfully obvious and a deal breaker.

Also, The biggest reason why I put/keep Win 7 on another hard drive for my system.

This is the exact same reason I have Win7 and OSX on the latest custom mac. Windows 7, just performs certain tasks so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back