Contribute
Register

Getting a GT 710 or 730 to work in a Mac Pro 3,1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Trs96,

Do you know if a MSI GT 710 will work on a Mac Pro 1,1 (Mavericks) ?
Or what do I need to do to make it works ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi Trs96,

Do you know if a MSI GT 710 will work on a Mac Pro 1,1 (Mavericks) ?
Or what do I need to do to make it works ?

Thanks a lot !
I highly doubt it. It's much too new for Mavericks. You could try the GT 610 and that may work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/search/70826907/?q=GT610+mavericks&o=date

Screen_Shot_28.jpg Screen Shot 29.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thanks a lot ! So I can try with a GT 610 !
Under which version do you think the GT 710 will work ? Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra ?
Sierra or High Sierra.

I wouldn't know for sure anyway, because I own neither (Mac Pro 1,1 / GT 610) but as you can see in the first page of this topic, I couldn't get the MSI version of the GT730 to work. So.. if you have to buy a card still, you might want to choose a brand with a better score. I had more luck with a GigaByte GT730 card. Just my 2¢.

Hi guys! Just to let you know, I writing this message from my 1,1 Mac Pro on Mavericks with a EVGA GT 610 1 Gb and everything is working perfectly fine!

Thank you guys! :clap:

I have the same problem but with a mac pro 4.1 (Nehalem) 2009
I would like to change mynvidia geforce gt 120 for 4K video card
Would this Nvidia GT730 work ? or another one even better ?
many thanks

It depends on what version of Mac OS X / macOS you are running.

I have used it in 10.11, with web drivers so I am definitely sure it works in 10.11, on 4K, at 30 Hz.

The experts say it should work up until 10.14 = Mojave. However, I can't get it to work with Mojave.

Well, I stand corrected. It works! I must have been confused with Catalina, which I have also installed around the same time, as a test, on a different disk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back