Contribute
Register

Gets stuck at apple logo when trying to boot snow leopard from solid state drive. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X-UP5TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 -3770K LGA1155
Graphics
MSI GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am not very good with building and setting up computers so I am quite surprised that I have made it this far :p After lots of swearing and trouble shooting things started to go in my favor. I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (Retail DVD) using iBoot Legacy 2.7.2 then i did the updates to 10.6.8 then i ran MultiBeast and everything seemed to be going so well and I thought I was done and I was supposed to be able to just restart my computer and boot from the solid state drive that snow leopard was on, so i restarted it and tried to boot from the SSD but it just gets stuck on the apple logo screen :( I have been trying out different things suggested in the guides and forums and also tried booting from the DVD again, but everything I try doesn't seem to work :( Most of the time I get stuck on the apple logo screen and sometimes it gets stuck on a black screen.

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770K LGA1155 3.50GHz Processor
MSI GT640 Graphics Card
Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid State Drive
1 8GB Stick of Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
Corsair TX650 Power Supply
LG CD/DVD Drive
The only things plugged in are one monitor, one usb apple keyboard, and one cheap usb logitech mouse.

PLEASE HELP!

I'm having the same problem.:banghead:

I am not very good with building and setting up computers so I am quite surprised that I have made it this far :p After lots of swearing and trouble shooting things started to go in my favor. I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (Retail DVD) using iBoot Legacy 2.7.2 then i did the updates to 10.6.8 then i ran MultiBeast and everything seemed to be going so well and I thought I was done and I was supposed to be able to just restart my computer and boot from the solid state drive that snow leopard was on, so i restarted it and tried to boot from the SSD but it just gets stuck on the apple logo screen :( I have been trying out different things suggested in the guides and forums and also tried booting from the DVD again, but everything I try doesn't seem to work :( Most of the time I get stuck on the apple logo screen and sometimes it gets stuck on a black screen.

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770K LGA1155 3.50GHz Processor
MSI GT640 Graphics Card
Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid State Drive
1 8GB Stick of Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
Corsair TX650 Power Supply
LG CD/DVD Drive
The only things plugged in are one monitor, one usb apple keyboard, and one cheap usb logitech mouse.

PLEASE HELP!

Have you started the install process for ML? I don't think SL supports your hardware -- installing SL is just a means to download ML...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back