Contribute
Register

Get Ready for OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks in advance tonymacx86.com :clap::clap::headbang:

too bad, i´m not ready... first issue, my motherboard asus h97-plus (picked out of the customac-list) is next week here. the second... i havent before an motherboard with uefi (bios) a little question to this: anybody out here (maybe in german language) that running this board and can me a little bit guide ? or simply, what to do in the bios and what to use...

And remember, no one will die if they are not running El Capitan on day one[/QUOTE]

Nor day two;)... I'm running GM 10.11 and I don't need Nvidia web driver, stock driver works fine. Mavericks is still my daily OS, I've installed El Cap on a spare HD just for curiosity, thank you for your advise about Nvidia web driver anyway.

Great news Tony, but I am expecting too, if will be compatible with Skylake processors.
Somebody know something ??

I am running the GM for a while now, theres some minor glitches with the current b7 web drivers, but nvidia will surely update soon, so dont worry. Clean install works well.
Since I am running multiple systems on multiple HDDs, classic update didnt work so well for me, but there are people reporting it works. :headbang:

I'm already running El Captain on my configuration (details in profile).

No issues! I was even able to turn on default some protections:

⇢ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: enabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Steps to upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11.0 (and then 10.11.1b). I'm using Clover.

1. Download GM installer from App store
2. Launch installer, proceed with all steps.
3. Mount EFI partition, edit Clover config.plist, to RtVariables dict add:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
4. In my case i had also to turn on Nvidia Injection in config.plist
5. Reboot machine. Boot installer from your root disk using Clover menu
6. Make a good tea.
7. Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x1 in config.plist to have most of system protection features enabled.
7. You're done!

and I hope there will be support for X99 and C612

By definition .. Golden Master should be almost identical in fonctionnality to Release

if you need Nividia Web drivers .. WAIT until they are available before updating.

And remember, no one will die if they are not running El Capitan on day one

A true GM yes, but apple called both their iOS 9 GM and 10.11 GMs "Candidate" builds. when OS 9 release version came out it was in fact newer. I won't be shocked at all to see release version tomorrow hold a newer build number than GM candidate had. Then again it's possible the reason they have been seeding 10.11.1 betas already is because they wanted to avoid that and instead have a point release within days of pushing GM candidate as retail. We'll see.

I was having the same issues with clover until I found "clover configurator" and selected in graphics nv_inject. After that it's been great, I got imessage to work again and I was able to do stuff that unibeast and multibeast couldn't. nVidia is allways trickier than a radeon, but I like the performance vs. cost you get. I'm running a Core i3, 12 gigs of ram, 240 gig SSD with a Geforce GTX 750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back