Contribute
Register

Get Ready for macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already running Sierra GM. It feels faster than Yosemite and El Capitan. :)
Are you sure about that?
It is slower than El Crapitan.

i don't know... i just feel like the biggest feature in Sierra is the Siri integration. And I don't have an iPhone, and I don't use Siri / Voice Recognition assistant.

Just have not got a really strong desire for an upgrade as in like 10.X -> 10.10 where there are tons of useful new features in 10.10 before.

It seems like the more / newer upgrade we go, the more we push forward our private/personal data across the copper / fibre optic line to the cloud (Apple server in this case) .

that's the cyber trend in 21/22 century.

I'm going to have to wait to upgrade as I'm waiting for parts to build mini voilet :D. What about mavericks? Do you think Apple will still support Mav with security updates?
Historically they've supported the current release and the two previous ones. I wouldn't bet on seeing any more security updates for 10.9.

Historically they've supported the current release and the two previous ones. I wouldn't bet on seeing any more security updates for 10.9.

Maybe not. I dual boot with mavericks anyway only way to find out is wait I guess.

I am going to need to wait until the Nvidia web drivers are released (GTX 970 problems)
But I am interested into seeing what comes of this OS + the improvements to Metal

Might be worth noting that for the time being, a Core 2 7000 series or newer is required due to the SSE4.1 requirement by Sierra. I know that means my Q6600 machine is gonna be outta luck for a while...
what time does the app store update? West coast 2400/0000

After months of testing, Apple plans to release macOS Sierra tomorrow via the Mac App Store.

Necessary for Update
To proceed with installation, you absolutely need the following.
  • Intel Core 2 or above, 64 bit CPU, 2GB RAM
  • A computer running Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
  • Mac App Store account
  • Internet access to download the macOS Installation App through Mac App Store
  • 8.8GB free hard drive space available in /Applications
See Apple's Hardware Requirements for full details on Mac model compatibility.

Recommended Best Practices
When performing any full operating system upgrade, unexpected things can occur. To avoid data loss, these best practices should be adhered to. This upgrade should be a breeze, but if things do go wrong, you can always go back to your working installation.
  • Back up all of your data
  • Buy a spare USB drive
  • Clone your working drive
Site Updates
Soon we'll be releasing UniBeast 7.0 with a full installation guide. MultiBeast 9.0 for macOS Sierra will also be released in the coming days.
Related:
Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac
macOS Sierra Upgrade Available on September 20th

Unibeast and Multibeast for Sierra are going to be available soon?

Will there be any guide for those who just want to upgrade from El Capital and don`t want to install from scratch?

Will there be any guide for those who just want to upgrade from El Capital and don`t want to install from scratch?
There always is....patience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back