UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sapphire RX 580 and are getting the black boot screen, use WEG 1.3.4 and boot arg agdpmod=vit9696
Have Sapphire RX 580, getting the black boot screen, but because the black screen can't get into the system to download WEG 1.3.4 onto it.
Also, can't get into clover safe mode.
Any ideas?

Have Sapphire RX 580, getting the black boot screen, but because the black screen can't get into the system to download WEG 1.3.4 onto it.
Any ideas?

that happened to me too, what I did was:
1. do a cold start
2. added -x at the clover boot screen
3. remove and re-install FakeSMC, Lilu, and whichever ethernet kext that previously worked for you (not sure if removing the old kexts is required, alternatively you can just re-install the kexts to get USB to work, and download WEG from another computer)
4. re-boot, then disable SIP, download and re-install WEG 1.3.4, and all the other kexts that for some reason are not loaded

Hope it works out!

that happened to me too, what I did was:
1. do a cold start
2. added -x at the clover boot screen
3. remove and re-install FakeSMC, Lilu, and whichever ethernet kext that previously worked for you (not sure if removing the old kexts is required, alternatively you can just re-install the kexts to get USB to work, and download WEG from another computer)
4. re-boot, then disable SIP, download and re-install WEG 1.3.4, and all the other kexts that for some reason are not loaded

Hope it works out!
Hi, unfortunately -x not working for me. I get a NOT ALLOWED sign - the circle with a diagonal line ??

i haven't - i'll try that.
i have managed to go do -x when in addition to single user mode - but it either just goes to black screen or reboots

I've never tried this, but this might help:

Any ideas?
Just use a Nvidia GTX670 video card initially, cheap to purchase and fully supported by Apple even with Catalina, get it up and running then replace it with the RX 80, that's what I did. Remember Time is more expensive than Money don't waste Time.

i haven't - i'll try that.
i have managed to go do -x when in addition to single user mode - but it either just goes to black screen or reboots
have you tried adding -v, and see where the problem is?
attached is a printout of the -V when I had the rx580 in
I have now taken it out and trying to run off the integrated graphics
but now running into a different error screen (2nd attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
attached is a printout of the -V when I had the rx580 in
I have now taken it out and trying to run off the integrated graphics
but now running into a different error screen (2nd attachment)

it seems is more than the WEG having problems, have you tried the other method, installing the kext over at the recovery drive? Just install the bare minimum, like FakeSMC and Lilu.
Having said all that, if you have a backup of the old drive, it might be faster to clone that old copy, and update clover and all the kexts, before trying to re-do the catalina update. Sorry can't be of more help, our motherboard and GPU are different.

Test with this bootarg: agdpmod=pikera and WEG.1.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back