Graphics
GA GTX 670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Repeated kernel panic while using Ableton Live. Error message says GenericUSBXHCI caused corruption of registry. See IMG file.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not appear installed in system/library/extensions. See later screen cap.

But under system profiler, GenericUSBXHCI is listed as "Host Controller Driver." See earlier screen cap.

This is puzzling and vexing to me - please help!

Using OSX 10.10 on a GA z77

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 5.18.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 5.18.55 PM.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 5.21.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 5.21.23 PM.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 223
HAVE SAME PROBLEM :crazy:

Check your extensions again. The correct directory for system extensions (system kexts) is:

/System/Library/Extensions, not /Library/Extensions...

Make sure that you need GenericUSBXHCI, and if you don't, then remove it. I would attempt patching AppleUSBXHCI to get your USB3 working if you need GenericUSBXHCI. See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

Cheers!

I do have the same problem, though. I ran find / -name GenericUSBXHCI.kext and came up with zero results. It's not in the EFI partition, not in /System/Library/Extensions and yet it is still listed as driver for the USB controller.
I suspect Clover might do some magic here, because it doesn't (seem to) happen with Chameleon. How (and why) Clover does it though, I'm not able to find out.

I do have the same problem, though. I ran find / -name GenericUSBXHCI.kext and came up with zero results. It's not in the EFI partition, not in /System/Library/Extensions and yet it is still listed as driver for the USB controller.
I suspect Clover might do some magic here, because it doesn't (seem to) happen with Chameleon. How (and why) Clover does it though, I'm not able to find out.

It's possible that it's just cached.

Boot with -f

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back