Contribute
Register

Generic intel M-ATX x79 board - Xeon e5-4617

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
(Generic) X79 LGA2011 Motherboard - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X79-LGA2011-Motherboard-Xeon-E5-4617-6
CPU
Xeon e5-4617
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I've recently put together my first PC and would love to make it into a Hackintosh. Have followed some other successful builds using similar components and had a go at putting a few clover configs together myself but have had no luck. Any help would be so much appreciated, will list my full specs below but has anyone had any experience with these generic Intel boards?

X79 LGA2011 Motherboard + Xeon E5-4617 6-Core 3.4Ghz-TB M-ATX Workstation Gaming

This is exactly what I've bought. Obviously unbranded so difficult to see on the forums if anyone else has had any success with a similar board.

Specs:

Xeon E5-4617 3.4Ghz 6 Core
16gb ECC Ram
Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD
Hynix 120gb SSD (windows)
GTX 660 2GB

Any advice as how to how I should config Clover to get me started would be wonderful!

@tom12345674, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I actually just lost my second x79-up4 and was looking at doing the very same thing. I will probably buy a board such as this and get started next month but the truth is I'm not expecting it to work without a lot of help, and this is coming from someone who has maintained the complicated UP4 through every update from Snow Leopard to Sierra.

The other problem is that taking a look on eBay, there isn't a single generic board that matches the look of the one in your picture. You can bet someone in china making them has a DSDT builder that allows them to swap in and out parts as they get their hands on them, and that's why the board looks different every month. Each board will need different edits so chances are the board I buy won't produce a config folder that will 'just work' with your board too, unless it can be completely patched by clover without a DSDT and you're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back