2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

im new to these "Mac an intel PC" stuff and wanted to say thanks a lot first of all for this great support and guidlines... stay on :)

At the moment im a linux freak and running a triple boot here with ubuntu 64 12.04 LTS ubuntu studio 64 12.04 LTS and RedHat 64 6.4.

I wanted to try Mavericks as a full replacement for my ubuntu studio drive for music production as for mac there are a lot more drivers available as for linux especially for vst and maschine controller support. However, yesterday i purchased a free copy of Mavericks from the apple store and made a bootable USB stick (32GB) with unibeast. The installation runs fine, i dropped multibeast additional on the USB drive.

Im running the following hardware specs (which are not really listed in the supported hardware area as i see):

ASRock Extreme 11
Intel I7 Extreme 3970x
G.SKILL 64GB Kit
NVIDIA GTX690
NVIDIA Quadro K6000
RME AIO
RME RayDat
RME MADI FX
WD 2TB = ubuntu 12.04
WD 2TB = ubuntu studio 12.04 <- This should be Mavericks if possible
WD 320GB = RedHat 6.4
WD 2TB = Storage Disk 1
WD 2TB = Storage Disk 2

Will it be possible to push Mavericks on my System? What are other things i have to make surefor this system, i know about BIOS and that stuff, my BIOS settings are fine for this (optimzed defaults, AHCI, XMP Profile 1 VT-d disabled etc.).

others have been able to run OS X on socket 2011, but LAN and audio may be problematic.

While http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-dual-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470s-revised-ml.html is about an Extreme4, but it may be close enough for you to be able to follow and adapt to the Extreme11

Ill try that, need to read more about kext etc. and ill also use a fresh 2TB hdd to make sure to not burn my ubuntu studio hdd for nothing :) i tried my stick without any changes yesterday with no luck, its stucked during the installer initialising (which seems to be related to multicore support not available...) so ill try to replace the Extra folder first.

I think i cant replace the extra folder from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-dual-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470s-revised-ml.html to my mavericks Extra folder?

Ill try that, need to read more about kext etc. and ill also use a fresh 2TB hdd to make sure to not burn my ubuntu studio hdd for nothing :) i tried my stick without any changes yesterday with no luck, its stucked during the installer initialising (which seems to be related to multicore support not available...) so ill try to replace the Extra folder first.

I think i cant replace the extra folder from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-dual-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470s-revised-ml.html to my mavericks Extra folder?

The /Extra folder is created when you run MultiBeast after you reach the OS X desktop. It will automatically be added by the scripts when you select EasyBeast or UserDSDT/DSDT Free and have smbios.plist, org.chameleon.boot.plist and a themes folder for Chimera in it.

If using large HDD, make sure to create a partition less than 1Tb for OS X - usually about 150Gb is plenty for the boot drive partition + apps and you can always use the rest of the drive for file storage.

You might try boot flags -v CPUs=1

post pic of screen

I'll try with verbose and cpus=1 today and see whats going on.

Another noob question: Am i able to install third level drivers like firewire support for audio equipment and controller/dongle support with USB drivers a.k.a. low lever drivers??

the following flags are needed to boot successful into the installer:

Code:
-v npci=x2000 cpus=1

where

Code:
cpus=1

is not needed further after installation is completed.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back