3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi.

I had a working (El Capitan) installation with a GeForce GT640 card. For reasons not relevant to this, I swapped it out for a GTX750 (vanilla, not Ti). And while it does seem to work most of the time, there are a couple of weird and really frustrating problems.

I) If I switch anything full-screen, the computer cold-boots. Like, instantly. Display goes black and I get "no signal" on the screen, then the computer starts up again. Also happens if I try to run Geekbench4 Compute benchmark. The instant I press the Run button, screen switches off and there we go again.

II) It fully starts only about 1/10th of the time. Usually it hangs right around middle of the "loading bar below the apple logo".

First I thought it was because the obviously more powerful card would require more power, but turns out that's not the case (or at least shouldn't be). The GTX750 is new enough that it actually uses LESS power than the GT640.

The card is - or at least should be - 100% working, as it was pulled from a working Windows 10 system where it was used daily in light gaming. No problems on that machine.

OS X 10.11.6
nVidia WebDriver 346.03.15f05
System definition iMac14,2
Clover 3423, booting with nvda_drv=1

Have you done this ?

BTW Your Clover is way behind the curve - Current release is 3974.

Have you done this ?

BTW Your Clover is way behind the curve - Current release is 3974.

I haven't - but that guide is for macOS Sierra. I'm running with El Capitan. And I know the Clover is short of older, but it was what came with the El Capitan install so I expected it should work (and that the nvda_drv is still in use with that Clover, since it worked perfectly well with the GT640).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back