Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it just goes directly to off? If yes then it is probably the PSU.

What PSU do you have?

Yes, straight to off and restart again alone.

I have a Cooler Master GX 2 Pro 750W

Last edited:
I would try replacing the 760 with the Titan X. connect monitor to the Titan (remove 760 from the build)/ Open case and try again.

Yes, I would try first both of them... if it doesn-t work I will replace the 760 and plug in only the Titan and see what happen :thumbup:

Any case I think I should buy the Titan X because it will work better than the 760 for my work and rebuild the system if needed, right?

Yes, I would try first both of them... if it doesn-t work I will replace the 760 and plug in only the Titan and see what happen :thumbup:

Any case I think I should buy the Titan X because it will work better than the 760 for my work and rebuild the system if needed, right?

It should if Davinci is dependent on GPGPU. (It is MUCH faster than the 760).

I don't think that there is actually any reason to use both :)

Hello Guys, so I went to get the Titan X and this is what I did:

First Try: I plugged both cards and move the Decklink SDI 4k to the last slot and the computer went straight to the BIOS when I turned on... it didn't work. Here is the picture (image 1)

image1.JPG

Second Try: I removed the 760 and plugged in Titan X in first slot, leaving the Decklink 4k SDI video card in slot 4... Bios again when I started the computer. It didn't work either... here is the pic (image 2)

image2.JPG

Third Try: I left Titan X in slot 1 and moved Decklink 4k SDI to slot 3 (as recommended by Blackmagik) and it worked... I could start the system as usual.

My conclusion is that I can only use one GPU with this mother board because if I try to plug one GPU in last slot it will not fit as the GPU is too big :banghead:

So guys, what do you think? Am I doing something wrong? Should I try the same set up as image 1 and see if I can trick the system to recognise the Decklink 4k SDI (video card)... maybe some PCIe adaptor? or I should give up trying to use 2 x GPU? Or should I get a bigger motherboard ha ha (this would be crazy I guess)?

It should if Davinci is dependent on GPGPU. (It is MUCH faster than the 760).

I don't think that there is actually any reason to use both :)

Well, using more than one GPU helps Davinci processing the images specially working with 4k raw footage and I am using two monitors for more UI space... it's also more pro.

Anyways, I just posted in my previous post what I have tried with both of them... what do you think?

Last edited:
Hello Guys, so I went to get the Titan X and this is what I did:

First Try: I plugged both cards and move the Decklink SDI 4k to the last slot and the computer went straight to the BIOS when I turned on... it didn't work. Here is the picture (image 1)

View attachment 209045

Second Try: I removed the 760 and plugged in Titan X in first slot, leaving the Decklink 4k SDI video card in slot 4... Bios again when I started the computer. It didn't work either... here is the pic (image 2)

View attachment 209047
Third Try: I left Titan X in slot 1 and moved Decklink 4k SDI to slot 3 (as recommended by Blackmagik) and it worked... I could start the system as usual.

My conclusion is that I can only use one GPU with this mother board because if I try to plug one GPU in last slot it will not fit as the GPU is too big :banghead:

So guys, what do you think? Am I doing something wrong? Should I try the same set up as image 1 and see if I can trick the system to recognise the Decklink 4k SDI (video card)... maybe some PCIe adaptor? or I should give up trying to use 2 x GPU? Or should I get a bigger motherboard ha ha (this would be crazy I guess)?
What do you mean by straight to BIOS?
Does it fail to boot? Have you tried reconfiguring the BIOS? What about the top slot above the first GPU?

You could try taking a look at the motherboard guide to see how the PCIE lanes are configured.

What motherboard are you using btw?

If you can't get it working I would just use the Titan X :)

I would just use the titan X, you shouldn't loose too much processing power.

What do you mean by straight to BIOS?
Does it fail to boot? Have you tried reconfiguring the BIOS? What about the top slot above the first GPU?

You could try taking a look at the motherboard guide to see how the PCIE lanes are configured.

What motherboard are you using btw?

It appeares the BIOS interface as it can not boot as usual so it fails to boot. I haven't tried to reconfigure the BIOS... I'm stuck and I son't know what steps I should do to reconfigure it... Any idea?

The left slots are two small for the GPUs and the Decklink Video card, they don't fit there.

I am using z97 Deluxe as motherboard

I am not familiar with Davinci or with Black magic hardware. I would think that the Titan is going to be a huge improvement over the 760. How many PCI lanes does all this hardware need?

I am not familiar with Davinci or with Black magic hardware. I would think that the Titan is going to be a huge improvement over the 760. How many PCI lanes does all this hardware need?

Hello Adrian, as you can see in the pics it can only be fit in the long slots of the motherboard :(

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 20.44.56.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 20.47.43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back