Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Mandatory it's-my-first-hackintosh disclaimer. Also, I hope I'm posting in the right sub-forum.

I've finished the build and installed OS X 11.2 (El Capitan). The components (also in signature) are as follows:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 4gb
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 4x 8gb (32 gb total; for test only 1 8gb stick is in)
Intel i7-4790k LGA1150
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb
TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCIe Adapter
Corsair RM650 PSU

I was able to install the OS by setting the nv_disable boot flag to 1. While attempting to resolve some GPU driver installation issues I restarted the computer and have not been able to boot back in since.

When I have the integrated graphics card running, I get hung up on the DRMStatus Apple store error (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...tunes-apple-store-content-access-problem.html) (see picture)
drmstatus.jpg

When I disable integrated graphics via BIOS I get the "Missing Bluetooth Controller..." error:

bluetoothmissing.jpg

Both of these seem to be graphics related. No combination of boot flags I've tried has worked. At this point even booting from the USB drive isn't working. It gets past the Bluetooth error but takes forever to boot and eventually hangs on "ATHR: Unknown Locale: 21" before eventually restarting itself.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for the response! It will be useful for further troubles. I somehow got things working -- though for the life of me I can't figure out what I did differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back