Contribute
Register

GeForce GTX 770 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hack (mainboard) had a malfunction last weekend.
I would buy Mountain Lion, if the card won't work with LION.
Is it possible to install LION (I have a UNIBeast-Stick with 10.7.2 which I can't update right now
because of the lack of a working hack) with the 770gtx installed and then buy the new
OS from the Apple-Store?
In my country the difference between 670gtx and 770gtx is only 40€.

Another idea: Is it possible to run the kexts from ML in LION to get this card to work?

Is it possible to install LION (I have a UNIBeast-Stick with 10.7.2 which I can't update right now
because of the lack of a working hack) with the 770gtx installed and then buy the new
OS from the Apple-Store?
(Probably) No

Another idea: Is it possible to run the kexts from ML in LION to get this card to work?
No

Hi,

thanks for your help.

In this case I will borrow/ buy a supported card for LION (and give it back when it's no longer needed), setup a hack and buy ML.
I will follow the guide to make a ML-UNIBEAST Stick. And then setup a ML - Hack.
I'm looking forward to share my experiences with my build.

Thanks ;)

(If you think this is a bad idea, please let me no)

xtrasteven

I have just built a system using i7 3770, J&W Z77A-ProX, Corsair 16GB Vengeange, Inno3d GTX770, Raidmax RX1000AE, working nicely!

May I know if first install with 10.8.2 unibeast
what should I do in order to get the GTX 770 works for the installation screen ?
Thanks

I installed ML with the integrated graphics of my i7 3770k via HDMI Port. After switching to the gtx770 i disabeled all integrated gfx in BIOS.

I use the Bootflag PCIRootUID =1 although the Chameleon wizard reccomends value 0.

for Connection i use the HDMI Port and the bottom Port dvi. Both work Fine in Single or Dual Mode.
notice that the bottom dvi Port is used First (osX and On my Windows Partition)

Best

xtrasteven

@ xtrasteven, can you clarify your BIOS settings.

PORTS Used, bottom or top?

Im currently using the top DVI port & it looses signal along the way.

@ xtrasteven, can you clarify your BIOS settings.

All necessary BIOS-Settings can be found here in the forum. I use these settings. I only changed the integrated gfx settings setup and disabled all of it and set the "init display first" to PEG

PORTS Used, bottom or top?
The NV770GTX from GigaByte has 1 DisplayPort, 1 HDMi port and 2 DVI-D ports.
Currently I am using the HDMI port and the bottom DVI port.

I am running Dual-Monitors, Monitor 1 HDMI and Monitor 2 DVI (bottom)
The TOP-DVI Port does not work

best
xtrasteven

-f -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

it stoped @ [PCI configuration begin], then in no time, display looses signal

-f -v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

when i thought i have finally reached success, display looses signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back