GA-Z77MX-D3H TH
CPU
3.4GHz INterl Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi All,

I'm having issues with setting up my machine in general. I have been struggling along in 10.10.5 Yosemite, and I thought I'd update to Sierra and then High Sierra.
Yosemite seems to work OK with the GTX 750 Ti 1536MB. But I get then occasional freeze KP, then I have to restart.
I have been able to boot into High Sierra but GFX card only shows 3MB.
I have another GFX card, but it's an old Asus 8400GS 512MB. This is going to help me video edit or do any high powered gaming.
Need some advice with setting this machine up, DSDT if I need to, just generally getting it going as well as can be please if anyone can help.

Regards

Spence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I'm having issues with setting up my machine in general. I have been struggling along in 10.10.5 Yosemite, and I thought I'd update to Sierra and then High Sierra.
Yosemite seems to work OK with the GTX 750 Ti 1536MB. But I get then occasional freeze KP, then I have to restart.
I have been able to boot into High Sierra but GFX card only shows 3MB.
I have another GFX card, but it's an old Asus 8400GS 512MB. This is going to help me video edit or do any high powered gaming.
Need some advice with setting this machine up, DSDT if I need to, just generally getting it going as well as can be please if anyone can help.

Regards

Spence.

Spence,

Have you already installed the Nvidia Web Drivers for High Sierra?

-Kyle

Yes, i installed the 10.13.6 version
If i use inject nvidia i get stuck at black login
If i use nv_disable=1 i can login but low res and GFX card says 1536MB?

If i use inject nvidia i get stuck at black login
If i use nv_disable=1 i can login but low res and GFX card says 1536MB?

Without looking at your EFI folder, I can't really tell you much. However, I do have one last suggestion. If you use Clover Configurator, go to the "System Parameters" tab. Once there, make sure you have "NvidiaWeb" selected.

Once you do that, try to boot with "Inject Nvidia" and "NvidiaWeb" selected.

-Kyle

Without looking at your EFI folder, I can't really tell you much. However, I do have one last suggestion. If you use Clover Configurator, go to the "System Parameters" tab. Once there, make sure you have "NvidiaWeb" selected.

Once you do that, try to boot with "Inject Nvidia" and "NvidiaWeb" selected.

-Kyle
I just tried the DVI port rather than the via and I get 7MB with just the web driver selected, I am using nv_disable=1 so I'll try just the inject Nvidia and the web drivers.

I just tried the DVI port rather than the via and I get 7MB with just the web driver selected, I am using nv_disable=1 so I'll try just the inject Nvidia and the web drivers.
right I've used nv_disable=1 and selected inject Nvidia and webdrivers, my gfx card now shows up as 1536MB.
but I'm still getting graphical smudging and blurring, everything looks pretty washed out?
I'm trying to get fortnite to work as well and the Epic games app won't open!!?

right I've used nv_disable=1 and selected inject Nvidia and webdrivers, my gfx card now shows up as 1536MB.
but I'm still getting graphical smudging and blurring, everything looks pretty washed out?
I'm trying to get fortnite to work as well and the Epic games app won't open!!?

You shouldn't have to use "nv_disable=1" because that's the complete opposite of what you're doing with "inject nvidia" and "Nvidiaweb".

Remove the nv_disable=1 boot argument, and you should be fine!

-Kyle

You shouldn't have to use "nv_disable=1" because that's the complete opposite of what you're doing with "inject nvidia" and "Nvidiaweb".

Remove the nv_disable=1 boot argument, and you should be fine!

-Kyle
HI Kyle,

I have tried without the nv_disable=1 and i get a black login screen which i cant get past!!
any other ideas?

Can anyone help with this or should I try bios reformat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back