Contribute
Register

GeForce GTX 750 Ti Maxwell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm was about to pull the trigger on this card but am waiting to get confirmation if it will work in a hackintosh.
I need a card that can support 2 HDMI outs and 2 DVI outs.

Thanks

I'm was about to pull the trigger on this card but am waiting to get confirmation if it will work in a hackintosh.
I need a card that can support 2 HDMI outs and 2 DVI outs.

Thanks

We'll know for sure once Yosemite is released on a Macbook sometime this October. Watch or read about the Sept. 9th press event to get an exact date it will be out. Apple has in the recent past used
Nvidia graphics chips in MacBooks and iMacs so we expect that they will continue to do so.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/apple-new...pple-event-live-ios-8-iphones-ipads-more.html

Hey!

Any news ? :/

I need use my 750ti :/

Thnks

I can confirm it works in yosmite but having problems with my bios freezing for 3 minutes on my z77 ud5 th

Notice: I am a novice and got this to work after trying different things prior to this.
Success with Geforce GTX 750ti Maxwell.
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD4
32 MB Memory
Intel I7 CPU
10.10.1 was installed
Must start using nv_diable=1
Update to 10.10.2
Restart Computer after update
Start using nv+disable=1
Install Nvidia Cuda Driver 6.5.46
Install Nvidia Web Driver 343.02.02f01
Restart computer = Success Graphics no longer very lazy,
Hope I didn't miss any steps but worked fine for my system and shows proper memory of video card and resolution is correct. Hope this helps others. The Nvidia Cuda and web drivers will only work with 10.10.2

Notice: I am a novice and got this to work after trying different things prior to this.
Success with Geforce GTX 750ti Maxwell.
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD4
32 MB Memory
Intel I7 CPU
10.10.1 was installed
Must start using nv_diable=1
Update to 10.10.2
Restart Computer after update
Start using nv+disable=1
Install Nvidia Cuda Driver 6.5.46
Install Nvidia Web Driver 343.02.02f01
Restart computer = Success Graphics no longer very lazy,
Hope I didn't miss any steps but worked fine for my system and shows proper memory of video card and resolution is correct. Hope this helps others. The Nvidia Cuda and web drivers will only work with 10.10.2

Im thinking about buying the EVGA GTX 750TI from http://www.amazon.de/EVGA-750TI-Grafikkarte-NVIDIA-Speicher/dp/B00IGQ4Z3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424519311&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+750ti+evga.

After installing the WebDrivers, do you experience any lags and/or bugs with your card?

No lags, No crashes, No Bugs. Not a bit of problems. Yosemite boots up just fine and the resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. It took me over a month to finally come up with this solution that worked. I tried with previous versions of Cuba and Web drivers, but kept checking Nvidia's website and found these new ones and thought I would give it a try. It show the proper video memory also. Like I said I am a Novice and just keep trying things. This is the first time I have had video problems prior to purchasing the Geforce 750ti. After installing 750ti, then even Mavericks no longer would boot up. Video specs listed below. Mine is a Gigabyte 750ti. Hope this helps. Remember these drivers will only work with Yosemite 10.10.2. I made no changes in BIOS.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2047 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1380
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: VBIOS 82.07.32.40.69
Displays:
ASUS VH242H:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: A5LMTF179150
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

No lags, No crashes, No Bugs. Not a bit of problems. Yosemite boots up just fine and the resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. It took me over a month to finally come up with this solution that worked. I tried with previous versions of Cuba and Web drivers, but kept checking Nvidia's website and found these new ones and thought I would give it a try. It show the proper video memory also. Like I said I am a Novice and just keep trying things. This is the first time I have had video problems prior to purchasing the Geforce 750ti. After installing 750ti, then even Mavericks no longer would boot up. Video specs listed below. Mine is a Gigabyte 750ti. Hope this helps. Remember these drivers will only work with Yosemite 10.10.2. I made no changes in BIOS.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2047 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1380
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: VBIOS 82.07.32.40.69
Displays:
ASUS VH242H:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: A5LMTF179150
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

Good to see someone got this card working - does HDMI out work okay with this card (with audio)?

Really want to get this ahead of the previous generation of NVIDIA 650 series.

Good to see someone got this card working - does HDMI out work okay with this card (with audio)?

Really want to get this ahead of the previous generation of NVIDIA 650 series.

Hi Squidlr,

HDMI does work! I have yet to figure out the sound but will be working on that as we type! :) However, the video is very smooth, with no lag, and under "About this Mac" shows my card!

I have the EVGA GeForce 750 GTX TI SC running on Yosemite 10.10.2
Motherboard is Asus Z97 Pro Wifi with i5-4690k
8GB ram and 256 Evo 850 Pro

I installed "Cuda Driver 6.5.46-Macos.dmg" then "WebDriver-343.02.02f04.pkg". Once I restarted, it was very laggy. At the top of the screen, click the Nvidia icon. Under "graphic drivers", select "NVIDIA Web Driver". (Default is OS X Default Graphics Driver) Restart and you'll be good to go! :)

Hopefully i can get the sound figured out soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back