Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravewyrm said:
iphonetikpr said:
Hi ,people i have same problem with GTx 570. I try multiple solutions and bad luck for me.But a try another method and working 100% :headbang: 1920x1080 32 bit color :clap:

Install http://www.tonymacx86.com/1010110101/tonymacx86-NVIDIA-Update-2.0.0.zip after install reboot SL.

After bootloader maybe you monitor black screen. Dont worry reboot and booting in safe mode -X and find geforce.kext in /System/Library/Extensions folder and delete geforce.kext later reboot again. After Geforce GTX 570 working all resolutions support.

Good Luck guys and sorry for my bad English.. :rolleyes:

Having full Reso is one thing, but what about QE/CI?

In my case only support all resolution. Iam waiting driver or fix for QE/Ci support :yawn:

SPerk15 said:
Patience is a virtue. I'm waiting for Lion and am very hopeful that the 570 will be natively supported. I believe!

Don't worry all 5XX users, everything is working in it with my GTX 570. Performance in World of Warcraft (rather hard OpenGL graphics) is very nice, I don't see any issues in games, desktop and dual monitors.

Yolanda said:
SPerk15 said:
Patience is a virtue. I'm waiting for Lion and am very hopeful that the 570 will be natively supported. I believe!

Don't worry all 5XX users, everything is working in it with my GTX 570. Performance in World of Warcraft (rather hard OpenGL graphics) is very nice, I don't see any issues in games, desktop and dual monitors.

Please tell us how you did it. I'm going to assume you re-coded the nVidia drivers to force them to work. Otherwise, it does not work, and you are just teasing people.

There are currently no working drivers for the 5xx GTX cards. So please do elaborate a bit.

~~Grave

Gravewyrm said:
Yolanda said:
SPerk15 said:

Please tell us how you did it. I'm going to assume you re-coded the nVidia drivers to force them to work. Otherwise, it does not work, and you are just teasing people.

There are currently no working drivers for the 5xx GTX cards. So please do elaborate a bit.

~~Grave

My reply was about Lion and GTX 570, not SnowLeopard, as we are not allowed here yet to discuss Lion, but I can say that Apple ship newer 270 line of NVidia drivers with Lion, so with them everthing is Ok, you just need only to add your cards correct PCI ID to Info.plist file in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and then reinstall kext.

Yolanda said:
My reply was about Lion and GTX 570, not SnowLeopard, as we are not allowed here yet to discuss Lion, but I can say that Apple ship newer 270 line of NVidia drivers with Lion, so with them everthing is Ok, you just need only to add your cards correct PCI ID to Info.plist file in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and then reinstall kext.

I know we can't discuss yet, but hoping that in a few short weeks, we can talk about your solution a bit more! We're so close! Maybe give everyone a couple pointers too? :D

You guys all rock :headbang:

/facepalm.
I hadn't been awake 10 minutes when i read your post, lol. Totally mis-understood it.

hey guys!

just registered here at this board and gonna jump in here. The last two days i tried to intall snow leopard on my pc. Gigabyte p55-usb3 and (suprise) a geforce gtx 570 ...

i was able to install sl but after the update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 i was no longer able to boot. the problem seems to be my gtx570.
is it for sure, that max osx lion which will be released the next days will support the gtx 570?

thanks and greets

Ok I have been patiently waiting, and thanks to what I have read on this thread I have purchased a geforce 570gfx and have installed lion and am ready to continue.

Please tell me what I need to do so that I can install this card.

Thank you for your help

Danny love from Ireland!

Lion is finally set free and i guess we all want to upgrade, right? ;)

When it was still only available as a Golden Master. Yolanda shared this with me and said it would probably work with the final version as well.

Edit NVDAGF100Hal.kext and insert correct PCI-ID 0x1081.

To make it look through kext, find Info.plist, add string:

0x108110de&0xffc0ffff

to the block of same style lines, save file, then reinstall kext using any method.

Anyone on Lion that can confirm this to be working? :D

Indeed. Go to viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25858 and check all the information out in that thread.

I used the device id 1081 and followed all the instructions there, works great.

I've been WoW'in it up while I get all my other downloads. This card performs fantastic.

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    2 MB · Views: 516
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back