Contribute
Register

GeForce GTX 1080

Dose anyone have any experience with the GeForce GTX 1080 in a Pro build?

I am building my first Customac Pro. For the most part I am staying to the tonymacx buyer's Guide. I would like to get the biggest bang for my buck. So far my shopping list looks something like this: Gigabite GA-Z170X-Designare, Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHz, Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (16GBx4), Samsung 960 EVO - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2, TP-Link AC1900, Thermaltake 850W Fully Modular PS.

I will also be using a Thermaltake case and water cooling setup.

any suggestions are welcome. I want to keep the build under $3K.

Motherboard
Sierra
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dose anyone have any experience with the GeForce GTX 1080 in a Pro build?

I am building my first Customac Pro. For the most part I am staying to the tonymacx buyer's Guide. I would like to get the biggest bang for my buck. So far my shopping list looks something like this: Gigabite GA-Z170X-Designare, Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHz, Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (16GBx4), Samsung 960 EVO - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2, TP-Link AC1900, Thermaltake 850W Fully Modular PS.

I will also be using a Thermaltake case and water cooling setup.

any suggestions are welcome. I want to keep the build under $3K.
No good bro... I have a 1080 too. NV haven't released the Mac driver for it, maybe they never will :(

Motherboard
MacenPro
CPU
i74790k
Graphics
GTX770 4gb
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Classic, iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
There are a bunch of forums for the 10 series cards. NV hasn't released drivers for it, and there is a chance that they never will. Apple has stepped away from NV cards so it is up to the company to provide drivers for a group of people that are a very small market share. They have in the past, but it has taken anywhere from 6 months to never to get them.

I also have a 1080 sitting in a perfectly working hack, and it is un usable because the card doesn't work well enough.

Please use the search function.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Of course make sure it is a Titan X Maxwell version.