Graphics
GTX 680
Ok, here are my specs-

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3
Sandy Bridge i7 2600k (not overclocked)
16gb Vengence RAM
Asus Geforce GTS 450
OS 10.8

So, I need some help guys as i'm fairly now to the hackintosh world.

I had my system running on lion perfectly using multibeast for all the extra extensions I needed like the Nvidea 4xx enabler, user DSDT ect...
So I did some light reading (googling) and it seemed everything was ok for me to upgrade from lion to mountain lion, So I went for it using the unibeast method.
Now, installation went fine. I had removed the gfx card for multibeast installation due to a previous issue when installing the mac pro 3,1 system definition, so after a few runs of mountain lion, I put my card back in, but now my GTS 450 causes kernel panics on boot. It will go through the motions of booting, grey screen, spinning wheel, the lot. But just panics after a while (seems like its just before the OS screen Boots but this is just a hunch). I have tried taking my card out, re-installing the nvidea enabler, rebooting ect without any luck.

I have also heard about running in verbose mode, but I have no idea what i should be looking out for. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks! -
the_unknown

Any help please? I'd really appreciate anyone's input

I had kernel panics with my EVGA GTX 470 in Mountain Lion.

I had to do the following:

1) Download and install the Mountain Lion DP3 kexts from the following link (browse down):

http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280837&st=0&p=1837150&#entry1837150

2) Install using Kextbeast (put the DP3 kexts on your desktop first), or copy and paste them into your S/L/E directory (and repair permissions with MultiBeast). Good idea to back up original nvidia kexts first.

3) Make sure Graphics Enabler is set to YES.

4) Disable completely the INTEL 4000HD in BIOS.

Essentially, two things are going on here, I think. I think the GraphicsEnabler support for certain NVIDIA cards is messed up (or not jiving with the current kexts, thus the need to use older ones). Also, the two GPUS (Geforce & Intel 4000HD) don't seem to be playing nice with each other using Graphics Enabler.

This approach worked for me because I don't need Intel 4000HD integrated GPU (or airplay mirroring). The bad news is, this approach (turning off the Intel 4000HD) also disabled my thunderbolt ports -- which I DO need!

I had kernel panics with my EVGA GTX 470 in Mountain Lion.

I had to do the following:

1) Download and install the Mountain Lion DP3 kexts from the following link (browse down):

http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280837&st=0&p=1837150&#entry1837150

2) Install using Kextbeast (put the DP3 kexts on your desktop first), or copy and paste them into your S/L/E directory (and repair permissions with MultiBeast). Good idea to back up original nvidia kexts first.

3) Make sure Graphics Enabler is set to YES.

4) Disable completely the INTEL 4000HD in BIOS.

Essentially, two things are going on here, I think. I think the GraphicsEnabler support for certain NVIDIA cards is messed up (or not jiving with the current kexts, thus the need to use older ones). Also, the two GPUS (Geforce & Intel 4000HD) don't seem to be playing nice with each other using Graphics Enabler.

This approach worked for me because I don't need Intel 4000HD integrated GPU (or airplay mirroring). The bad news is, this approach (turning off the Intel 4000HD) also disabled my thunderbolt ports -- which I DO need!

Thankyou so much, this did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back