1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Guy,

I am a new in Hacintosh. I have just built a new one, here is my hardware list

MB: Gigabyte H61N-USB3
CPU:i3-2100
VGA: Geforce G210

the system is installed very smoothly, but after I play some High Definition movie.
it runs lag. Do anyone have experienced same problem?? Do I have to optimize my vga card after installation??

Hello Guys,

it looks like the Nvidia G210 is not power enough to play 1080p movie.
Any suggested VGA card that is power enough to play 1080p movie and also supports TonyOSX??

o_O

The 210 is more than powerful enough.

I use one in an XBMC machine running Linux as my HTPC. And I have tested one in my hackintosh running 10.6.8 and VLC, Quicktime, PLEX and XBMC all played high bitrate (25+) 1080p .mkv containered files with h264 and VC1 encoded videos and AC3 or DTS audio. All worked flawlessly.

I also played some new and old video games and even with max settings they performed at 60+ fps.

I'd suggest you either need to update your Nvidia drivers or there is some other setting that needs to be adjusted. You might try running a few video benchmarks to see how your specific card is performing, but I can say from my own experience they have more than enough power to play 1080p video files.

Hello Blackstar

Do you have any idea of tweaking the Nvidia VGA card?? I cant see any driver that support the Geforce 210(from the office nvidia). Also if I got the updated driver, how can I update with existing machine without error??

I didn't have to 'tweak' anything, it just worked.
What you would have to do is look to see if your extensions or set up files are correct for your video card and system.

The official download links for TonyMac are in the downloads sections here: viewforum.php?f=125

I didn't install a specific one for the GT210, since I use a GTX 260. I simply swapped out the cards and it worked as already set up in my current configuration.

It's simply that I know for a fact the card is more than powerful enough for playing 1080p video and much much more.

If you're having an issue with your set up, then I suggest researching your set up or troubleshoot your install procedure to see what it might be.

Hi

Im using the exact same system also
H61N with i3 2100 with evga gt210 1024mb
Lion 10.7.3

when playing high def movie , screen will lag and audio not sync
any idea to fix it?
also no audio from HDMI..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back