Contribute
Register

Geforce 980 Graphics card not Recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are running 10.11.2?

What monitor and what connection are you using?

Even with nv_disable=1 you should still be getting full resolution. If I boot using my GTX 970 using nv_disable my resolution is 1920x1200 just without acceleration.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if I am getting a non-native resolution with "nv_disable=1" and only getting full resolution at "nvda_drv=1" , does it mean that I got something configured wrongly? I am using GTX 980

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if I am getting a non-native resolution with "nv_disable=1" and only getting full resolution at "nvda_drv=1" , does it mean that I got something configured wrongly? I am using GTX 980

The only way I got the native resolution to work was with
Boot Args: nvda_drv=1, GraphicsEnabler=No
Under graphics uncheck Inject Nvidea (false)

With a Maxwell GPU such as the GTX 980, you MUST use nvda_drv=1. Using nv_disable=1 does exactly what the boot arg says, it disables Nvidia drivers.

The only way I got the native resolution to work was with
Boot Args: nvda_drv=1, GraphicsEnabler=No
Under graphics uncheck Inject Nvidea (false)

Again, since you are using Clover, GraphicsEnabler=No is not a valid boot argument because it is only for Chameleon or Chimera. It has zero effect on getting your card to work. You problem before was 100% caused by you having Inject/Nvidia/True.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back