Contribute
Register

Geforce 980 Graphics card not Recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attached the MultiBeast config. Still cant find the config.plist. I also saw on another thread where you advise to use iMac14,2 instead of MacPro6,1. If you advise I will redo the startup with this selection. Do you advise using Yosemite rather than El Capitan?

I need this machine up and running for work and have been researching as much as possible to get this machine running. Seems like its close as the OS loads with ease just need to figure out the graphics issue.
Again any support is greatly appreciated.

El Capitan is not the issue.

See problem #4 to solve the issue with using MacPro6,1 - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Using iMac14,2 does not have this issue which is why I suggest it.

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 115
The card not being in a slot there doesn't mean anything. It just means that you either don't have a DSDT with slot injection or the one you have is wrong. It will always be grayed out because the card you are using doesn't support ECC.

The card not being in a slot there doesn't mean anything. It just means that you either don't have a DSDT with slot injection or the one you have is wrong. It will always be grayed out because the card you are using doesn't support ECC.

Ahh I see. I didn't realize it would always be greyed out. Thanks

Post your config.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PStates</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>DoubleClick</key>
<integer>500</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Mirror</key>
<false/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>8</integer>
</dict>
<key>Scan</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>BoardType</key>
<integer>11</integer>
<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
<key>ChassisType</key>
<string>06</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>Mobile</key>
<false/>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>G8815052XYL</string>
<key>Trust</key>
<false/>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Inject/NVidia should be false.

Inject/NVidia should be false.

Thank you so much for your help! I used nada_drv1, Graphic Enabler=Yes and Inject Nvidea false. I was putting Graphic Enabler=Yes into the Config rather then the boot flag space.

3 Final questions:
1. How to I edit these setting so it always boots with these settings selected? Is this done in the config.plist?
2. I have 3 total HD's in my system but I can only find the SSD? Anything I need to do to get access to the other 2 hard drives?
3. Noticing my second monitor won't wake after sleep. Ive seen a few dated threads with this issue and no concise fix. Is there any updated way to deal with this?

Thank you so much for your help! I used nada_drv1, Graphic Enabler=Yes and Inject Nvidea false. I was putting Graphic Enabler=Yes into the Config rather then the boot flag space.

3 Final questions:
1. How to I edit these setting so it always boots with these settings selected? Is this done in the config.plist?
2. I have 3 total HD's in my system but I can only find the SSD? Anything I need to do to get access to the other 2 hard drives?
3. Noticing my second monitor won't wake after sleep. Ive seen a few dated threads with this issue and no concise fix. Is there any updated way to deal with this?

GraphicEnabler=Yes should be NO. However, you are using Clover so it has no effect. Your problem was that you were injecting Nvidia which is not done for 600, 700, 800, 900, Titan series cards.Take the time to read what I am telling you rather than just making random changes and praying it works.

These settings are done in your config plist but I would HIGHLY recommend you use Clover Configurator, found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

I have no idea how you have your HDDs setup or what file system they are using or if they are even connected properly.

What is the make and model is your second monitor and what type of cable are you using to connect it?

GraphicEnabler=Yes should be NO. However, you are using Clover so it has no effect. Your problem was that you were injecting Nvidia which is not done for 600, 700, 800, 900, Titan series cards.Take the time to read what I am telling you rather than just making random changes and praying it works.

These settings are done in your config plist but I would HIGHLY recommend you use Clover Configurator, found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

I have no idea how you have your HDDs setup or what file system they are using or if they are even connected properly.

What is the make and model is your second monitor and what type of cable are you using to connect it?

Trying to follow your advice. Also reading lots of info to find solutions. Appreciate your help.
Yes you're right. Works better with "no" enabled. Sleep wake with dual monitors seems to be fixed with this.

Monitor: both are the same and one is hdmi, one is display.

I got audio and ethernet working well. Last question for you would be USB 3. All 2.0 ports are working fine but USB 3 shows nothing. Do I need an updated kext file to enable this?

Trying to follow your advice. Also reading lots of info to find solutions. Appreciate your help.
Yes you're right. Works better with "no" enabled. Sleep wake with dual monitors seems to be fixed with this.

Monitor: both are the same and one is hdmi, one is display.

I got audio and ethernet working well. Last question for you would be USB 3. All 2.0 ports are working fine but USB 3 shows nothing. Do I need an updated kext file to enable this?

See this post for USB 3.0 information (I know it says laptop but it works fine for desktops too): http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Long story short is Apple significantly changed the USB 3.0 drivers for El Capitan. They even created port injector kexts for their own products to make them work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back