Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!

I have an asus m50vm-a1 laptop (link)and I installed snow leopard successfully. The only thing I'm missing is obviously my video card (geforce 9600m GS). I've tried many different kext and efi strings and nothing does it. I even tried the "Advanced DSDT Fixes: nVidia Graphics" thing and it just screwed up my installation I had to reinstall everything.

I've been around different boards looking for a solution without success. I'd really like to get it fully working.

If anyone has ideas or hints or something I'd be more than happy to do some testing.

Thank you

Jonathan

I just did about 30 min ago!

from multibeast 0.9.7? by the way thanks for this great tool

Did it work?

Here's a thread on the Dell Vostro that has some info about the card. According to them-
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 1620&st=20

Yes, there are three ways to get the 9600m GS accelerated.
-Using the injector in Chameleon
-a string in boot plist file
-nvinject

So GraphicsEnabler=Yes should work! Just make sure you're using AsereBLN's RC4 and if it still didn't work, put this in com.apple.boot.plist.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

I dont know if it matters or not but I used DSDT patcher GUI and OSX86Tools to put a custom string to my apple.boot.plist... should i remove them?

Yeah- OSx86 Tools isn't good for Snow Leopard. Also, the patch may work, but OSx86 tools applies the code to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.boot.plist, and so if you have one in /Extra it won't be read.

For a test of the EFI String, cut and paste the version from there to /Extra and see if it works. Otherwise, remove it and try the GraphicsEnabler.

Personally, I've never had good luck with EFI Strings- it will give me proper resolution, but not QE/CI full acceleration.

I just installed AsereBLN's RC4 and I FINALLY have it working. Front row opens successfully!

Thank you VERY much it is really appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back