Contribute
Register

Geforce 9500GT issue (help is appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-HD4
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
PowerColor Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have the following chronic problem in for a while and the problem seems to be more frequent these days. hopefully someone in the forum can provide suggestions/recommendation. ( I have gigabyte P55-USB3, Rev 2.0 bios = F8)

Issue:
In the past, 1 in every 4 reboot I end up with a BLUESCREEN and knowing that the OS X launched successfully, but I have no mouse cursor or icon showing up on the monitor except for the BLUESCREEN. What I had to do is to power down the machine physically and reboot to have the problem resolved.

Lately this problem seems to be more frequent and the BLUESCREEN is 80% constant.

If booting into safe mode (-x), it loads ok...so this is definitely something to do with the video/resolution/ driver (kext).

I am seeking recommendation and suggestions.

I can't help as I am experiencing exactly the same issue as you, but with a 7950 GT and an older MB. I only set it up yesterday though, so will keep looking. Booting with iBoot and -v tells me unsupported graphics card...

Also, in safe mode I have no USB drive support and it won't read any optical disks, only the iBoot one.

booting form HD, the sound works, can here it click in, but then the blue screen appears. In -x boot no sound.

oh and I get kernel Panic restart screen a few times.... so I have dodgy kext looking at the Trouble shooting, might start from scratch again.

So I'm close but no cigar, will keep watching and see if you get it fixed.

My system has no issue regarding kernel panic or error messages and when and boot into safe mode, it works 100% all the time.
Today I had it reboot and left it there while going work. When I returned home I noticed something that my system is actually running normally except the screen is BLUE. when I looked closer I can see the faint/fading OSX running in the background except the strong BLUE SCREEN on the monitor makes it almost impossible to read. The reason I pay close attention is while I am away, I used VNC and connect to my OSX remotely and it display properly.

This system of mine has windows 7 on 1 drive while OSX on the other. booting to windows 7 works 100% all the time so it can't be the DVI port, monitor or the video card itself.

The problem seems to be getting worst ever since I use the latest multibeast and add on a few things like:
-themes
-new DSDT along with unified Realtek 892 codec.

Are you using NVEnabler? Remove that, and try using Graphics Enabler instead. Remember to run kext utility.

Also, make sure you have latest version of DSDT and BIOS.

Lately I am not experiencing this issue anymore.
-I still have NVEnabler 64.kext on the Extra/Extensions folder.
-Graphic Enabler = YES in com.apple.Boot.plist.

since the system is working well, I am not sure if I want to remove NVEnalber 64.kext as suggested, but for now, I am leaving it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back