i7-3770
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully installed Mavericks and can boot just fine using the GA-Z77x-UD5H internal graphics. As soon as I put the GeForce 9500 card in, my monitor goes black during boot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to try? I saw the thread about black screen and setting mode=1920x1080x32 but that doesn't work in my case. I also noticed that my monitors default resolution no longer shows up on the boot loader once the 9500 card is installed.

Help Please!

Did you try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

Yeah, I have tried Graphicsenabler=yes mode=1920x1080x32 pcirootuid=0 and 1 and also moved the video card to another slot. I think I have covered about every combination of these as well.

Also, under video info in chimera it doesn't even show an option up to 1920x1080. It also says VESA 3.0 I am not sure if that is right. Shouldn't there be higher resolution options in video info? When I remove the card and boot with the onboard DVI port I believe 1920x1080 is listed.

Ok, I am an idiot. I didn't capitalize the E. I tried again with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it worked!!! I am starting from scratch to clean things up. It appears this works for installation as well now.

So the big question now is: How do I make GraphicsEnabler=Yes automatically set on boot?

You can do that with Multibeast 6. In Multibeast switch to Customize Tab, go to Boot Options and check GE=Yes ;)

Did you use just graphics enabler, or both PCIRootUID and GraphicsEnabler?

Reviving and old thread.

What exactly were you boot configs for the card ?

Also,did you use DVI or HDMI ?

Reviving and old thread.
Better start a new one.

sr3113 was last seen: Oct 28, 2013
tobitobst was last seen: Nov 24, 2016
Armetus was last seen: Nov 3, 2013
QE_LiTHiUm was last seen: May 14, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back