Contribute
Register

GeForce 8400 GS 256MB or GeForce 6600 GT 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( It didn't work. Still no drive to format and install to.

I am trying to look for a BIOS update but have no idea what I am looking for. I have tried googling several of the following:

BIOS Type: HPQOEM - 42302e31
BIOS ID: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS Date: 20050505
BIOS Vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
BIOS Version: F7b
BIOS Size: 524288
Chipset: Intel 2580 rev 14
SuperIO: ITE 8712F rev 7 at port 002E
Base Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Base Product: 8I915GMF

Any ideas? I am hoping there me be a BIOS update to fix it.........

Well it looks like you have a F8 bios here:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Moth ... #anchor_os

That could help! Also, did you try formatting and preparing the blank drive and partitioning it in the Leopard install first? And make sure you're using the proper SATA port- port0 would be the ticket.

Duh- I just thought of this- you may even be able to install directly from the Snow Leopard DVD in Leopard! Just follow the steps of the MultiBeast demo- the OSinstall.mpkg method is fast. Could be the next test? :D

You should try the install with OSInstall.mpkg from within Leopard. On my old hardware with the Bad Axe 2 mobo I employed that technique to install Snow Leopard. Once it's done installing, you can install the 10.6.2 update right afterwards, then run multibeast and install anything you need to try to get it to work. :thumbup:

I updated the BIOS to F8, still no drives in Disk Util.

As you guys suggest, I'll try installing using OSInstall.mpkg method this evening.

This is what I'll do:

1. Put one of the 160GB SATA drives from the P4 into my G5, Boot into 10.5 off the G5's HD and follow the instructions here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... opard.html [Only follow steps 1-3]

2. Add the extensions that you suggested in your previous post to /Extras/Extensions [ignoring the DSDT]

3. rm Kernel and Boot files.

4. Use Multibeast to add Qoopz Kernel, Chameleon, remaining Kexts and fix permissions.

After Multibeast, pop the drive back into the P4 and cross fingers. :p

Failing that, I'll scrap the Windows 7 install on the 2nd drive in the P4 and put on it. Then follow the same instructions and unplug the drive.

I hope that a system restore image can be made for this thing once it's done :p

EDIT: Just had a thought... Will it matter if I install using the OSInstall.mpkg on my G5 as it's a PPC system? Maybe method is the way forward...

I think you'll need to use because of the PPC issue. There's probably a way to remove the system type check from OSInstall.mpkg, but it's probably simpler to just use instead.

Had a really busy evening so haven't had a lot of time to work on it this evening. Will post more tomorrow. I should have a bit more time. :) Excited about my XPS delivery.

Yea... going to be busy myself, too. Final Fantasy XIII releases at midnight tonight. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Getting back on topic... pretty soon you're going to be installing OS X on everything! The microwave, the toaster, the television...

adamsmasher said:
Final Fantasy XIII releases at midnight tonight. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Last post for about 7 or 8 days?? :lol:

tonymacx86 said:
Last post for about 7 or 8 days?? :lol:

Depending on how much leveling up my wife and I do... :lol: :lol:

...I can't stay away, though. I have to help spare some people from the wrath of thelostswede. :lol: :mrgreen:

DAMN I LOVE FF ^.^

New Avatar to Celebrate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back