Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 780
Whenever I plug in my 780 graphics card and run HDMI through it, I get the infamous black screen (no signal to monitor). No Bios, no startup. My mobo speaker gives 5 short beeps which according to gigabyte is a cpu error. But without the graphics card, (HDMI into mono direct) everything boots up just fine. (System definition is 18,3 following the tech howdy ( high Sierra install guide for clover)

Yes, I know there are a dozen walk through for black screen with graphics cards in high Sierra, I've followed most of them over the last few days but still something isn't working. Here's what I've got so far:

In the BIOS, in addition to recommended settings I disabled igp. I also set the initial graphics default to pci slot 2 where the card is. Also disabled CSM

In Clover:
Enabled nvda_drv=1
Enabled injectNvidiaWeb
Enabled SIP (CsrActiveConfig 0x00)
Disabled Dart=0
Disabled inject NVIDIA (the 780 is a Kepler)
Disabled inject Intel

In Clover EFI
Installed latest 1.2+ lilu.kext
Installed latest 1.23 NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext_10.13.4_Lag_Fix

Ran kext utility to fix permissions
Added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

In multibeast:
Nvidia web drivers boot flag

Installed Nvidia Web drivers for high Sierra (17E199) 387.10.10.10.30.106

Installed latest CUDA driver

(I haven't run AGDPFix.app yet because it doesn't seem to apply to my system ID)

Re-Disabled SIP
Activated web drivers in High Sierra
Restarted,

Black screen

---

I haven't tried Shilohh's GFX1 method yet since it doesn't apply to my system ID.

If I can I'll post whatever you need to diagnose. I don't actually know how to get a -v readout from a blackscreen/no BIOS. But I can post my EFI as azip if that would help?

Whenever I plug in my 780 graphics card and run HDMI through it, I get the infamous black screen (no signal to monitor). No Bios, no startup. My mobo speaker gives 5 short beeps which according to gigabyte is a cpu error. But without the graphics card, (HDMI into mono direct) everything boots up just fine. (System definition is 18,3 following the tech howdy ( high Sierra install guide for clover)

If I can I'll post whatever you need to diagnose. I don't actually know how to get a -v readout from a blackscreen/no BIOS. But I can post my EFI as a zip if that would help?

Well it seems to me your graphics card may have a hardware problem if the system cannot post when the card is there.

(1) Are you certain the card is working?
(2) Have you connected any 6 pin or 8 pin PCIe power connectors that the card may need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back