Contribute
Register

GED's Prodigy: i7-3770K - Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - 16GB 2400MHz RAM - GA Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tonymac86 Buying Guide has a section of recommended graphics cards. I recommend you start there. (See my signature block for the link.)

any success with mavericks upgrade on this build thanks

As a matter of fact, YES, full success. I upgraded to Mavericks on Sunday.

I followed the instructions on:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

When booting on the USB stick, and before installing Mavericks, I used the menus to get to DiskUtility.
I re-formatted my SSD with a new fresh empty partition for installing the OS (I did not upgrade, but choose fresh install due to the non-upgradibility of macports)

In multi-beast, I picked:
- no DSDT
- Audio/ ALC 898
- Network/ Intel
- NullCPU power management
- USB 3 generic
- GraphicsEnabler = yes

And after a few hours for reinstalling all my apps, that machine is back to working state upgraded to Mavericks.
The graphics card is recognized as a 6870 (not a 6XXX).
No more hesitation between the integrated graphics & external card: I can boot with the external card active and working (Lion used to have issues).
My USB ports are working reliably.

For some reason i am having issues with video resolution as when booting with unibeast the video is compressed to the top corner of screen . My video card is intel 4000 as opposed to 6870 in your case. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back