Contribute
Register

GED's Prodigy: i7-3770K - Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - 16GB 2400MHz RAM - GA Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can create a UniBeast installer you can just do a fresh install of Mt Lion. If not you will need to get access to a way of making an installer with either lion or ML which ever you want to install

That`s what I thought.
I have a MBA, so I get ML and create the unibeast installer there and then I´m good to go.
thx

dnrtllr,
If you are already running Mt. Lion on your MBA, fire up the App Store app, hold down the Option key and click on the Purchase icon at the top of the page. This method will show you all the apps you've purchased and your can re-download the Install Mountain Lion.app again to recreate a UniBeast USB thumb drive. Finally, you can zip the Install Mountain Lion.app and archive it for future use although the previous method will work in the foreseeable future.

If you are running Lion on your MBA, just follow the UniBeast Installation Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Installed it yesterday and first everything went fine.Then i rebooted and now i get kernel panic:
Intel cpupower management.
I read something about ACPI but i can't find it in the uefi BIOS.

Did you patch the BIOS? install NullCPUPWM? or patch the AppleIntelCPUPWM? If not that will be why you're getting this.

I didn`t patch the bios but i turned off asmedia 3.0 , xhci and ehci hand off during installation.
In multibeast i checked open patched intelcpupower management.
But i didn`t actually patch it.
I just followed the instructions step by step, but i didn`t start with lion install, so probably i missed something.
E.G. i didn`t use bridge helper because i thought i don`t need it whenn installing ML.

I didn`t patch the bios but i turned off asmedia 3.0 , xhci and ehci hand off during installation.
In multibeast i checked open patched intelcpupower management.
But i didn`t actually patch it.
I just followed the instructions step by step, but i didn`t start with lion install, so probably i missed something.
E.G. i didn`t use bridge helper because i thought i don`t need it whenn installing ML.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...uide-asus-p8z77-i-i5-3570k-mountain-lion.html

ged is using the patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext (aicpupm).
going bald uses the patched bios.
go with going bald's method imo.

Ah thanks a lot, gonna try it.

I flashed the bios and now it works.Nice.
Do i have to remove nullcpu or can i just leave the system like it is?

delete it if you want speedstep and sleep to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back