Contribute
Register

GC-ALPINE RIDGE in hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi unfortunately I loose USB too after an extended period of sleep.

Also I just updated to 10.12.5 and the newest Nvidia drivers, but this still did not help with the issue of the Ultrafine monitor showing up as two independent displays.

Tony did you update the firmware of your Alpine ridge card? Is far as I can remember I only had succes with 5k before updating the firmware, but I may be misremembering.

Hi Tony, ok thanks, good to know. Maybe I'll try a fresh install to try and wipe some hidden settings or something

is anyone here willing to help in creating an SSDT file to make this card work as expected and that it will show connected TB3-Hardware within Systemprofiler?

Any help and support is appreciated.

- - -

so far all connected TB2 hardware i have, are working flawlessly with the help of Apple TB3-to-TB2 Converter... but non of them show up unter Thunderbolt within Systemprofiler.

tried this with my Z170x Designare again but could not get it to work in Windows. Its going on Ebay.

I finally received my alpine ridge card.
As soon as i insert it in the pci slot, the power-LED goes from green to black...

Is my card at fault? This would be extremly bad luck.. or is it something else?

Is there smth I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edit: I use the Asus z170-A Mobo that works fine with the Asus Thunderbolt EX3 Thunderbolt 3 card. But since I want to use the LG 5K monitor(in 5K), I have to use the alpine ridge card (because it has two DP 1.2 in) Only problem is that the Hackintosh wont event boot or make a beep of some sort (only as long as the Alpine Ridge card is conneted, kt works fine as soos as i re,obe the card).

Last edited:
Got this one for my Gigabyte X99 rig. Tested only through a thunderbolt 3 to Firewire (plus a th3 to th2 extra adapter). Everything seems OK both in OSX and Windows 10 so far.

My Gigabyte AlpineRidge card just arrived today. I ordered it by ALTERNATE, a german hardware seller back in January, so it just took 10 weeks to get it delivered. Just installed it and it works right "out-of-the-box". Installed it on an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII in PCIe slot #2. It was detected by WINDOWS10 and OS X SIERRA 10.12.4 beta7 instantly.

Now i have to make SSDT or DSDT edit to make it work as a Thunderbolt-Device as in a real Mac, cause right now it fully works, but does NOT show in System Information under Thunderbolt entry. Will report back if succeeded.

Could you share the exact BIOS version and configuration for this board? And also do you need to install the GPU and GC card in any specific slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back