Contribute
Register

GC-ALPINE RIDGE in hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So: GA-Z710X Ultra Gaming

Connected my Pegasus R4 (1st gen) through the Apple TB3-TB2 adapter, booted into Windows so that drivers get activated, then booted into OSX with the iMac 14.2 system def. System profiler shows "Thunderbolt: no drivers loaded", however the RAID mounts and works. The Belkin TB2 dock with network/USB and other ports works as well (the USB drive connected to it mounts). Think I'm golden.

I'm beginning to think GIgabyte tech support is worthless and won't give a reason why it wouldn't work with the Designare motherboard

Here we have Thunderbolt Firmwareupdate for this card to V21 (wich now supports external Graphicscards eGFX)
you will find it under Utility or use the following direct-link:

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_fw-update-tool.zip

fw21.jpg

And YES: this card works in Motherboard from other manufacterors, too. Used here in ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme
At least you need a thunderbold header connector on your board

Last edited:

I tried this with a sound external card (TH2 along with the Apple TH2-TH3 adapter) and it was not recognised from the Mac. I reverted to the unpatched kext and the card works!

So be careful with this patch! ( I'm currently working under Sierra 12.4 and GA Z170X Ultra Gaming)

Was anyone able to make this card appear under THUNDERBOLT in System Profiler?
Precisely: make the connected Devices to this card appear under Thunderbolt within System Profiler.

all my connected devices are working good, but none of them appear under THUNDERBOLT entry in SP.
I have connected a CalDigit hub to my Hackintosh, which gives me additional Ethernetport (wich is listed under ETHERNET within System Profiler), additional USB3 ports (which are listed under USB in System Profiler) and additional AHCI-Port (which is listed under SATA/SATA Express within System Profiler) - all over Thunderbolt2.

But Thunderbolt Entry in System Profiler still tells me: "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded." <--- anyone got a fix for this?

No Success in having devices in SP either! :(

I thought you was successful ... maybe it was when you use a TH2 adapter, wasn't it?

Z170X Designare the add on card is not showing up

So this Addon card does not work with the Z170X Designare board. I have it on the most "top" PCIE with the cable going to the TB 5pin. followed the instructions for the "Thunderbolt FW Update Tool" and still no go.

So this Addon card does not work with the Z170X Designare board. I have it on the most "top" PCIE with the cable going to the TB 5pin. followed the instructions for the "Thunderbolt FW Update Tool" and still no go.
Not that it shouldn't work, but what's wrong with the onboard TB3 ports?

Not that it shouldn't work, but what's wrong with the onboard TB3 ports?

Just like having them around. I would like a 5K display for editing. My Lexar Professional, Orico 4 bay, Samsung 2tb T3 are all type C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back