Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT610 1GB 64-bit
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just bought the iogear gbu521, which was listed as a recommended device for hackintosh. I've plugged it into a few USB ports, but I get nothing. System preferences shows nothing for bluetooth; there's no bluetooth or iogear icon in the top right panel, nor any icon on my desktop.

How does this work?

Running Mavericks with a Gigabyte Z97N motherboard.

I have the GBU521 and it works right away when you plug it in. I'm also using a Z97 board (Z97X-UD7 TH). The only issue I've had is it was causing my computer to lag randomly. I almost threw it out until I decided to pull it out of the usb port slightly. After doing so, I've had no more issues and bluetooth works just fine.

I have the GBU521 and it works right away when you plug it in. I'm also using a Z97 board (Z97X-UD7 TH). The only issue I've had is it was causing my computer to lag randomly. I almost threw it out until I decided to pull it out of the usb port slightly. After doing so, I've had no more issues and bluetooth works just fine.

It should just work out of the box - maybe the OP got a dud, I'd suggest trying it in another PC running Windows to see if it's recognized.

I've found that the recommended Gmyle USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter seems to be less problematic than the IOGear GBU521 - I have also noticed serious lag (with just a Magic Mouse) with the GBU521.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back