Graphics
ati HD5970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'v managed to reach Installation (using latest Unibeast), but nether my mouse nor my keyboard is working.
I'v tryied 3 diffrent keyboards (both usb and ps2) and 4 diffrent mouses (also usb and ps2), and nothing.
Not even lights on the keyboard. (and just to be clear they are working in bios and on windows).
Any ideas how to fix it? Help would be greatly appriciated, since I cant use older versions os OSX :/

I'v managed to reach Installation (using latest Unibeast), but nether my mouse nor my keyboard is working.
I'v tryied 3 diffrent keyboards (both usb and ps2) and 4 diffrent mouses (also usb and ps2), and nothing.
Not even lights on the keyboard. (and just to be clear they are working in bios and on windows).
Any ideas how to fix it? Help would be greatly appriciated, since I cant use older versions os OSX :/

Try changing the legacy USB bios setting and see if that works for you. It is often the cause of the problem.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Thanks for the lead, I will try that solution and report back.

I have updated my bios to F11, added DSDT.aml to Unibeast USB, and got through installation and first boot without any problems (no flags required so far).
I'm yet to use MultiBeast (still trying to figure out settings). Installation with DSDT provided working ethernet, wi-fi and usb.
Audio and graphics not working (as to be expected).

Update: After runing Multibeast I have everything working, except for my graphics card of course. But ill create new post for that. When I'm done ill post everything in guides sub forum.

I tried in my H55M-UD2H and the same problem with the KB & mouse. The solution is to enable usb legacy support in the Unibeast menu options.

Regarding ATI support, I have a ATI4600 in Lion 10.7.5. I had to edit the ATI4600Controller.kext and to add the proper value (depending on the graphic card chip) in the IOPCIdevice. Maybe you have a similar problem. Let me know if this work for your.

I´m not sure if ATI4600 will be supported in maverick, so a I´m going to try next weekend.

I tried in my H55M-UD2H and the same problem with the KB & mouse. The solution is to enable usb legacy support in the Unibeast menu options.

Good to know that is one problem sorted :thumbup:

Regarding ATI support, I have a ATI4600 in Lion 10.7.5. I had to edit the ATI4600Controller.kext and to add the proper value (depending on the graphic card chip) in the IOPCIdevice. Maybe you have a similar problem. Let me know if this work for your.
I haven't had a similar problem although many have have problems using ATI cards. Apple have had poor ATI compatibility largely due to the fact that they have been slow in upgrading the MacPro through the years.

I´m not sure if ATI4600 will be supported in maverick, so a I´m going to try next weekend.

It might be worth trying on a second HDD either updating a clone of your working drive to test or doing a fresh install. If you keep your working installation as it is then at least you will have a working computer.

Adrian B

Well, I found a solution for my ati, and its running smooth.
From What I can gather most of 5xxx and 6xxx series are usable on 10.9, you just have to tinker with some kexts.
I will post how I did it when I'm done.
Now the only thing left is SSDT, with causes all 8 cores of my cpu to run at 2.2GHz, resulting in immediate overheating :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back