Standard VGA Adapter// 1024x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys-

First post, first install, first issue..

I have an old gateway laptop I want to install Yosemite on. I have a Hackintosh tower a friend built me that I love, so I was hoping to get the notebook working too. I followed the install guide here on TonyMac, and created a USB. I can plug the USB in to the gateway, switch to boot from usb, and exit. The boot screen will come up asking where to boot, I choose USB and it kicks over to the apple loading screen. This is where problems arise. The loading screen will get to about 20%, then shut off and go to a blank, backlit black screen. It will not respond to anything from there except power cycle and start over. I have left it at this screen for about 40 minutes on one try, and nothing changes...:banghead:

Any help would be appreciated, and please be gentle! I'm a rookie! :D:thumbup:

So quick update, I read about "verbose mode" so I ran it with that. I don't see anything obvious, and unfortunately it moves so fast I can't read anything. However, it does still hit a point where it performs the same action. In that the screen flickers to a black, blank backlit screen and hangs there. Hopefully this extra information will help us move along.

Hey guys-

First post, first install, first issue..

I have an old gateway laptop I want to install Yosemite on. I have a Hackintosh tower a friend built me that I love, so I was hoping to get the notebook working too. I followed the install guide here on TonyMac, and created a USB. I can plug the USB in to the gateway, switch to boot from usb, and exit. The boot screen will come up asking where to boot, I choose USB and it kicks over to the apple loading screen. This is where problems arise. The loading screen will get to about 20%, then shut off and go to a blank, backlit black screen. It will not respond to anything from there except power cycle and start over. I have left it at this screen for about 40 minutes on one try, and nothing changes...:banghead:

Any help would be appreciated, and please be gentle! I'm a rookie! :D:thumbup:

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Sorry about that mate. I ran the CPU-Z, and I have included the specs it gave me in my profile now. Hopefully that's everything.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back