Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, shall I try upping it more?

Also, it appears I can only boot if I go through the original BIOS by hitting F2 before boot and saving and exiting from there rather than the UEFI BIOS.

So when your system boots and you press Del to enter the BIOS, you then press F2 and make any adjustment to the BIOS there? Or do you mean F12 select Boot device??

F2 for classic BIOS. I'm not sure that's even true now. It just doesn't boot everytime, it's unpredictable.

Could it be something about Legacy UEFI in Bios? I have my boot drive set as P0 not UEFI

F2 for classic BIOS. I'm not sure that's even true now. It just doesn't boot everytime, it's unpredictable.

Could it be something about Legacy UEFI in Bios? I have my boot drive set as P0 not UEFI

Yep the classic BIOS is where I make all the adjustments. I'm not keen on the other, So on track.
In the Classic BIOS you have set??

Default Memory settings.
Init Display First to IGFX.
XCHI to auto not smart auto.
Set internal graphics memory to 64. Switch back to HDMI.
First boot device P0 Mavericks drive
F10 save and exit

Yup! Got all those settings plus Wake on lan disabled.

So I booted with HDMI and when I got to the desktop I plugged in the displayport cable and it worked!

It's having the same choppy/slow rendering graphics problems as HDMI but it works!

So I booted with HDMI and when I got to the desktop I plugged in the displayport cable and it worked!

It's having the same choppy/slow rendering graphics problems as HDMI but it works!

Well thats good its working. Ok for the next experiment.

Install the latest Chimera 3.0.1
Create a folder on the desktop called Org.old.
Put your org.chameleon.Boot Plist in there. Delete from /Extra
Put the new org.chameleon in /Extra (attached).
This is set to MultiBeast defaults to start.
Enabled HDAEnabler Module again with defaults. Replaces the HDAEnabler.kext we removed.
Restart.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    1 KB · Views: 257
Don't seem to be able to boot now!? Only with -x bootflag again!

Don't seem to be able to boot now!? Only with -x bootflag again!

Did you install the plist from my last post. If so open up the org.chamelon.Boot.plist with text edit and change one setting to No which is HDAEnabler. Restart.

Running out of suggestions to try and get the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext to load. Maybe its time to try the patched one again from the previous post.

Yeah installed your plist.

I'll try it with HDAEnabler No in the plist.

I'll try the patch after that as well.

What concerns me is the overly long boot time still, something seems wrong. Is there a file I can export similar to an IOReg which will give you a better idea of what's going on with my machine?

I appreciate all your help, I hope it's not frustrating you too much. If you're anything like me, not being able to solve a problem is the most annoying thing in the world! haha

I just don't get what changed from my system which installed super easy without any changes like this from a couple of months ago!

Yeah installed your plist.

I'll try it with HDAEnabler No in the plist.

I'll try the patch after that as well.

What concerns me is the overly long boot time still, something seems wrong. Is there a file I can export similar to an IOReg which will give you a better idea of what's going on with my machine?

I appreciate all your help, I hope it's not frustrating you too much. If you're anything like me, not being able to solve a problem is the most annoying thing in the world! haha

I just don't get what changed from my system which installed super easy without any changes like this from a couple of months ago!

I think the over long boot time is due to OS X trying to work out the graphics which of course is what we are trying to solve. I wouldn't call it frustrating more like intensive learning/problem solving. If you can boot without using safe mode then post your IOReg, the last IOReg was in safe mode. Will take a look at it and will probably call it a night, we've been at it all day but will be happy to help in the morning. Also a fresh head works much better:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back