Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup they are all installed, I had an up and running installation for a couple of weeks when this started happening.

I booted with - v and attached the pics in my earlier posts. But I'll reattach it here.

Attachments

• IMG_20140501_075819.jpg
    IMG_20140501_075819.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 130
Thanks for your help nikezzz

I managed to solve the problem myself after a day or so research. I found a blog with a similar problem reported to my own, with an answer to fix it.

Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

This solved my problem, machine booted up instantly after the bootflag -v and it even went back to it's original boot speed.

glad to hear that :thumbup:

are you using stock OSX Drivers for your GTX 780 or did you install the Nvidia drivers?

For your 4K Display you should remind that OS X official only supports 4K in 10.9.3 which will be released soon - you can use the display also with 10.9.2 but the scaling like on the Retina Displays only works with 10.9.3 - the problem is mentioned by tldtoday in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUvphmy0v2k

I haven't got my GTX 780 yet, there was a mess up with the item and the order got cancelled. Getting one soon hopefully!

I have noticed one problem, I have a folder in Extensions called intel_back and it has all the intelgraphics kext's in it. If I move them into Extensions my computer won't boot. Video playback at the moment is very choppy and skipping frames etc.

Any idea?

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I'll try this out tonight!

How do I pick which number to use from the Haswell list?

Once I have a number do I just enter those three strings at the end of article to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and reboot?

Also, just seen your Geekbench score. Damn! Impressive result man.

Thanks for all your help!

Well I think there's no other way by try and error :(

So you have to try every number and see if it works - if not boot again with -x and try another

you have to put them somewhere between the syntax -not directly at the end (just enter them like in the article from my link)

As soon as you have your GTX 780 you have to add GraphicsEnabler=No and maybe remove them or try to use both graphic accelerators with GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=Yes

thx - well it was quite a fight to achieve this result - took over a year to unlock turbo and speedstep :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back